- Jan. 17: Introduction to Government Contracting; free Georgia Tech seminar for anyone thinking about doing business with the government; topics include an overview of procurement, governmental registrations, bidding and more; 9 a.m. to noon; 1054 Claussen Road, Suite 301; call Lloyd Watts at (706) 729-2076 or register online at www.gtpac.org.
- Free counseling for small-business owners and entrepreneurs; SCORE Associates, a nonprofit volunteer organization; call (706) 793-9998 in Augusta, (803) 641-1111 in Aiken and (803) 279-2323 in North Augusta for an appointment.
- Instructor-led online courses; Augusta State University Education to Go program; call (706) 736-1636 for schedule or go to www.ced.aug.edu and click on "courses."
- Word of Mouth Network, group seeks network of 200 entrepreneurs and businesspeople for a referral network; call Richard Banks (706) 736-5020 for an e-mail providing a concise overview.
- The NoonTime Networkers, area chapter of Business Network International; meets every Thursday at 11:30 a.m., T-Bonz Banquet Hall; contact Melanie Smith at melanie. firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Leads at Lunch chapter of Business Networking International meets every Tuesday at 11:30 a.m. at Golden Corral, Bobby Jones Expressway; call Linda at (706) 309-9093.
- President's Club; ongoing reinforcement of sales training systems for business owners, sales representatives and managers; Tuesdays and Thursdays 8:30 a.m., 699 Broad St., Suite 1001; (706) 432-0040.
- The Referrals at Breakfast meeting of Business Network International, every Thursday at 7 a.m. at the Marriott Courtyard on Stevens Creek Road; call Chuck Ellison at (706) 294-5502.
- Augusta Business Development Club, referral group of noncompeting business people; 7:30 a.m., Tuesdays, Athens Restaurant, Bobby Jones Expressway; contact Heath Jefferson at email@example.com, (706) 267-2228
- Georgia-Carolina Investment Club is looking for members. If you are interested in real estate investing, call Bert Ellis for details at (803) 645-7883.
- Business Network International Pro-Active Professionals chapter; meets Wednesdays at 11:30 a.m. at Cleveland & Anderson CPAs on Davis Road; call Angela Brock at (706) 868-5916 for details.
- Business Network International First Things First chapter; meets Tuesdays at 7 a.m. at Cleveland & Anderson CPAs on Davis Road; call Adam Williams at (706) 868-5916.
- North Augusta Networkers; Business Network International group; Tuesdays at 11:30 a.m., North Augusta Community Center; call Briton Williams at (803) 442-3827.
- Software training for Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office and other applications; daytime and evening classes offered Monday through Saturday; Computer Link, 596 Bobby Jones Expressway; (706) 860-8313.
- Microsoft Office User Specialist tests; MCSE, A , N , and I-NET ; Savannah River College; call Shannon Thomas at (706) 738-5046.
- In-store training and certification classes for home and office software; PRONET Computer Stores; call (706) 855-9070.
- Microsoft Small Business Server; install-it-yourself workshop for small-business owners by Network Consultants; $99, visit augustasoftwaretraining. com for details.
- Work From Home; one-hour seminar on being your own boss; The Guest House Inn; Tuesdays; call (877) 821-5542.
- Foreign Accent and Southern Accent Reduction; classes for improving business and professional skills; Snyder Speech Therapy Services; to register, call (706) 860-9385.
- Construction management; learn the process and potential risks before hiring a contractor for commercial construction project; PCM Construction Consultants; firstname.lastname@example.org or (706) 373-0585.
- Keller Williams Realty; personalized sessions for anyone considering a real estate career; The Atrium, 3633 Wheeler Road; call (706) 868-3772.
- How to get started in Real Estate; Sherman and Hemstreet GMAC; call Tom Horner at (706) 738- 6641.
The Business Calendar is a free public-service listing of The Augusta Chronicle. Fill out our online form at www.augustachronicle.com/business/onthemove. Items received by noon Tuesday will be published the following Sunday.
© 2018. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us