- La Verne H. Gold has been named president of the United Way of the CSRA. She has been serving as interim president since the resignation of Dr. Jo Endres Maypole in September. The Augusta native has been employed at the United Way for 28 years and has held numerous positions with the organization.
- Judith Gast has been promoted to interim executive director at Hitchcock Healthcare. The Aiken resident was previously health information and compliance coordinator. Her responsibilities include oversight of all daily operations of the facility and serving as a liaison with community agencies and other health-care providers in the Augusta-Aiken area. Ms. Gast has more than 30 years of health-care industry experience and has been employed at Hitchcock Healthcare since 2003.
- Dr. Darrell W. Brann, associate director of the Medical College of Georgia Institute of Neuroscience, has been named director of the neuroscience graduate program. Dr. Brann played a key role in the design and administration of the neuroscience graduate education curriculum, and recently established and endowed a $1,000 scholarship for graduate students who excel in academics and neuroscience research.
- Wayne Cox has joined Wells Fargo Home Mortgage as a home mortgage consultant. The Evans resident was previously employed by Countrywide.
- Wackenhut Services Incorporated announced the following staff promotions: James M. Moon, site commander; Darren H. McIver and Leroy J. Benjamin protective force lieutenants; Sarah B. Moore, supply specialist; Crystal W. Adams, security analyst II; Laraine S. Andrews, Debra K. Jividen, Rose M. Burroughs, Carnelia L. Bush and Richard E. Smith, senior access authorization coordinators; Janice H. Brott, Fay E. Geldard, Francis B. Burkett, Catherine E. Anderson and Keena D. Bynem, senior personnel security evaluator; Sheila B. Major, site security support supervisor; Mark A. Paluszynski, computer security supervisor; Duane M. Delmore, manager, occupational safety and health department; and Luke H. Garland, certified instructor.
- Walton Rehabilitation Health System has received the National Affordable Housing Management Association's Community of Quality recognition for the management of its Walton Terrace and Walton Commons communities in Augusta for providing high-quality affordable housing to seniors and people with physical disabilities.
- Dr. Marc Husid, the founder and medical director of the Walton Rehabilitation Health System's Walton Headache Center, has recently passed the certification examination of the United Council for Neurologic Subspecialties for Headache Medicine.
- The University of Phoenix's Augusta campus announced it collected nearly 60 coats for donation to homeless shelters.
- Jim Hudson Lexus announced the gift of $10,000 in direct donations and gifts to six area nonprofit organizations: the Golden Harvest Food Bank, the Salvation Army, Safe Homes, Hope House, The Art Factory and Augusta Urban Ministries.
- The following business owners have been named Preferred Providers in the Century 21 Larry Miller Realty/CSRA Home Connections Local Alliance Program: Philip Jones, of Jones Property Inspections; Rob Whitfield, of Garage Storage Solutions; and Bert Holliday and P.J. Wilce, of Fire & Ice Heating and Air.
- Angela Mitchell was the top mortgage producer at Augusta First Bank & Trust in November.
- Chiquita Owsley was named the October Employee of the Month at Augusta Youth Development Campus.
- UPS has donated $15,000 to the MCG Children's Medical Center and the Kelsi Long Memorial Ride. The annual ride will take place in March.
- Target's Augusta-Aiken-area stores have donated $3,000 to the MCG Children's Medical Center's Reach Out and Read program, which distributes more than 1,000 books each year to children who are seen in the pediatric practice site
- Danny Geddes, a builder with Keystone Homes, has earned a master's degree in business administration.
On the Move/Biz Bits is a free public-service listing of The Augusta Chronicle. Fill out our online form and attach photos at www.augustachronicle.com/business/onthemove. Items received by noon Tuesday will be published the following Sunday.