- To raise money to assist burn victims, the Southeastern Firefighters Burn Foundation has aluminum-can recycling trailers in the following locations: Doctors Hospital Burn Center, Wheeler Road; fire stations at Richmond Hill Road, Windsor Spring Road, Old Waynesboro Road, Walton Way Extension and the two former fire stations on Central Avenue. Other area locations are Augusta News Print and DSM Chemical. Call the foundation office at (706) 650-2876 for the location near you.
- Bins for newspapers and magazines are at the following locations: municipal building parking lot, Sixth and Telfair streets; Holy Trinity Catholic Church, Eighth and Telfair streets; McBean Community Center, 5106 Old Savannah Road; Hephzibah Pharmacy parking lot, Georgia Highway 88 at Windsor Spring Road; St. Teresa Catholic Church, Pleasant Home Road; Central Avenue Fire Station, behind Daniel Village; Windsor Spring Road Fire Station; Publix parking lots, National Plaza, 2816 Washington Road, and Furys Ferry Plaza, Furys Ferry Road; and the Augusta-Richmond County Landfill on U.S. Highway 1.
- The following elementary schools have recycling bins for newspapers and magazines: A. Brian Merry, Barton Chapel, Belair, Brookwood, Bungalow Road, Tobacco Road, Warren Road and Westmont.
- Paper Stock Dealers Inc., 1525 Government St., (706) 733-7757, takes all types of paper except parchment paper.
- The Battery Box, 128 Sand Bar Ferry Road in Augusta, (706) 722-5448, takes batteries and lead.
© 2017. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us