AMERICAN EXPERIENCE: The Great Transatlantic cable: Through Dec. 31; Augusta Museum of History, 560 Reynolds St.; film plays continuously in History Theatre; museum open 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday, 1 to 5 p.m. Sunday; $2-$4; (706) 722-8454
AN UNBROKEN CIRCLE: SELECTIONS FROM THE COLLECTION OF JULIA J. NORRELL: Through Feb. 18; Morris Museum of Art, 1 10th St.; museum open 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday, $2-$3; noon to 5 p.m. Sunday, free; (706) 724-7501
THE SCIENCE OF TOYS: 1:30 p.m. through Saturday; Fort Discovery, 1 Seventh St.; special presentations on the magic, mystery and science of toys; free with general admission; (706) 821-0206
SEVENTH ANNUAL HOLIDAY BALL CLASSIC: 10 a.m. Wednesday-Friday; James Roundtree Memorial Gym, T.W. Josey High School, 1701 15th St.; $5, available at tournament site each day; (706) 826-1126
THE CHILDREN'S ACADEMY HOLIDAY CAMP: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday-Friday; Lucy Craft Laney Museum, 1116 Phillips St.; for ages 6-16; various creative disciplines taught by members of the local arts community; free; (706) 724-3576, lucycraft laneymuseum.com
WINTER BREAK CAMP: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesday-Friday and Dec. 26-29; Augusta Jewish Community Center, 898 Weinberger Way, Evans; art teacher Elizabeth Barnes will teach about different cultures through mask-making; art projects, snacks, drinks, sports and nature study; for ages 5-10; $275; with early and late stay available for additional fee; (706) 228-3636, augustajcc.org.
ACOUSTIC CONCERT: 6:30 p.m.; Broad Street Ministry Center, 20 Broad St.; with Brad Davis, of Watkinsville, Ga.
JOHN BERRY CHRISTMAS: 7:30 p.m.; Imperial Theatre, 745 Broad St.; $27 adults, $20 children 12 and younger; (706) 722-8341, imperialtheatre.com
BEHOLD THE STAR CHRISTMAS CONCERT: 7 p.m.; Grover C. Maxwell Performing Arts Theatre, 2500 Walton Way; presented by Creative Impressions; $20 adults, $7.50 ages 12 and younger; $18 per ticket for groups of 10 or more; (706) 667-4100
- Augusta-Richmond County Coliseum Authority: 9 a.m., 601 Seventh St.
- Mayor's Prayer Breakfast: 8 a.m., Trumpet in Zion Fellowship, 725 Laney-Walker Blvd. Pastor David King Cannon will lead the celebration of the holiday season. To make reservations, call Karen Nixon at (706) 821-1833.
- Augusta Commission: 2 p.m., Eighth floor, municipal building, 530 Greene St.
- Columbia County Development Authority: 7:30 a.m., General A conference room of the Evans Government Center
- Columbia County Planning Commission: 6:30 p.m., Evans Government Center Auditorium, Ronald Reagan Drive, Evans.
- North Augusta Planning Commission: 7 p.m., North Augusta Municipal Building, 400 E. Buena Vista Ave.