Originally created 11/22/06

All's quiet on Glavine front after day one



ATLANTA - The first day after Tom Glavine became a free agent went by quietly - quite literally.

The 40-year-old starter - officially put on the market Monday when the Mets declined their $14 million option on him - his agent Gregg Clifton and Atlanta general manager John Schuerholz all could not be reached for comment Tuesday.

Glavine, who is vacationing, has said that his decision will come down to the Mets and Braves.

Clifton told The Associated Press on Monday that he didn't expect Glavine to make a decision until early next week, at the earliest, after returning from wherever he's weighing his options.

Glavine, who still makes his home in Atlanta's northern suburbs, won 242 games in 16 seasons with the Braves before he left.

Earlier this month, Glavine turned down a personal option to return to New York for $7.5 million.

- The Braves added three players - outfielders T.J. Bohn and Gregor Blanco and right-hander Jonathan Johnson - to their 40-man roster.

Bohn, a 26-year-old, was claimed off waivers from Seattle.

He played most of last season with Triple-A Tacoma. Johnson, 32, went 2-3 with a 3.48 ERA for Triple-A Richmond in 2006. Blanco, 22, hit .290 in 139 games split between Richmond and Double-A Mississippi.

ORIOLES: Baltimore fortified its bullpen by finalizing deals with left-handers Jamie Walker and John Parrish, then turned their attention toward free agent Carlos Lee.

Lee batted .300 with 37 homers, 116 RBI and 19 steals with Texas and Milwaukee in 2006.

RED SOX: Daisuke Matsuzaka dined with his would-be Boston bosses and took in a Los Angeles Lakers game during a trip to the United States, then headed back to Japan and left his agent to work out a deal with the Red Sox.