- Monday: Columbia County Chamber of Commerce's Success Columbia County Style networking event, student drama performance; 5-7 p.m., Augusta Preparatory School, Hull Performing Arts Center; members free, nonmembers $10, call Karen Chrjapin at (706) 651-0018 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tuesday: Starting Your Own Business; University of Georgia Small Business Development Center workshop whose coverage includes traits of successful entrepreneurs, market research, legal structures for your business, and estimating start-up; 6 p.m., Augusta office, 1054 Claussen Road, Suite 301; $40; (706) 737-1790.
- Wednesday: Georgia Department of Labor Employer Committee Meeting; speaker Frank Hutto, equal employment opportunity specialist; 8 a.m.; 601 Greene St.; free; R.S.V.P. to Greg Criste at (706) 721-2165.
- Wednesday: Energize Your Sales; University of Georgia Small Business Development Center workshop for any small business owner or any person making their living in sales; $20, includes box lunch.; 11:30 a.m.; Augusta office, 1054 Claussen Road, Suite 301, (706) 737-1790.
- Thursday: Writing an Effective Business Plan; University of Georgia Small Business Development Center seminar on explaining sections of the business plan and what information is required; 3 p.m., Burke County Library, Waynesboro; $40; call (706) 737-1790.
- Thursday: Writing an Effective Business Plan; University of Georgia Small Business Development Center seminar on explaining sections of the business plan and what information is required; 3 p.m., Augusta office, 1054 Claussen Road, Suite 301, $40; (706) 737-1790.
- Nov. 27, Dec. 4 and 11: Food Safety Training Course; Obtain a marketable skill in the food service industry; 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., HPSO Building, 3336 Wrightsboro Road; free; pre-register at email@example.com or (706) 833-7677.
- Nov. 29: QuickBooks Training Seminar; learn how to work with bank accounts, payroll, taxes and other business functions; 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Serotta Maddocks Evans and Co. CPAs, 701 Greene St., Suite. 200; $98; contact Melissa Canady at (706) 722-5337 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Free counseling for small-business owners and entrepreneurs; SCORE Associates, a nonprofit volunteer organization; call (706) 793-9998 in Augusta, (803) 641-1111 in Aiken and (803) 279-2323 in North Augusta for an appointment.
- Instructor-led online courses; Augusta State University Education to Go program; call (706) 736-1636 for schedule or go to www.ced.aug.edu and click on "courses."
- Word of Mouth Network, group seeks network of 200 entrepreneurs and businesspeople for a referral network; call Richard Banks (706) 736-5020 for an e-mail providing a concise overview.
- The NoonTime Networkers, area chapter of Business Network International; meets every Thursday at 11:30 a.m., T-Bonz Banquet Hall; contact Melanie Smith at email@example.com.
- The Augusta Network Club, a group of noncompeting business people who have informal meetings; 8 a.m. every other Thursday; no dues; call Earle Lovering at (706) 364-2874.
- The Leads at Lunch chapter of Business Networking International meets every Tuesday at 11:30 a.m. at Golden Corral, Bobby Jones Expressway; call Linda at (706) 309-9093.
- Presidents Club; ongoing reinforcement of sales training systems for business owners, sales representatives, and managers; Thursdays 8:30 a.m., 699 Broad St. Suite 1001; (706) 432-0040.
- The Referrals at Breakfast meeting of Business Network International, every Thursday at 7 a.m. at the Marriott Courtyard on Stevens Creek Road.
- Augusta Business Development Club, referral group of noncompeting business people; 7:30 a.m., Tuesdays, Athens Restaurant, Bobby Jones Expressway; contact Heath Jefferson at firstname.lastname@example.org, (706) 267-2228
- Georgia-Carolina Investment Club is looking for members. If you are interested in real estate investing, call Bert Ellis for details at (803) 645-7883.
- Business Network International Pro-Active Professionals chapter; meets Wednesdays at 11:30 a.m. at Cleveland & Anderson CPAs on Davis Road; call Angela Brock at (706) 868-5916 for details.
- Business Network International First Things First chapter; meets Tuesdays at 7 a.m. at Cleveland & Anderson CPAs on Davis Road; call Adam Williams at (706) 868-5916.
North Augusta Networkers; Business Network International group; Tuesdays at 11:30 a.m., North Augusta Community Center; call information Briton Williams (803) 442-3827.
- Microsoft Office User Specialist tests; MCSE, A , N , and I-NET ; Savannah River College; call Shannon Thomas at (706) 738-5046.
- President's Club by The Sandler Sales Institute; ongoing reinforcement training for sales people, sales managers and business owners; 699 Broad St., Suite 1001, call (706) 432-0040
- In-store training and certification classes for home and office software; PRONET Computer Stores; call (706) 855-9070.
- Microsoft Small Business Server; install-it-yourself workshop for small-business owners by Network Consultants; $99, visit augustasoftwaretraining.com for details.
- Work From Home; one-hour seminar on being your own boss; The Guest House Inn; Tuesdays; call (877) 821-5542.
The Business Calendar is a free public-service listing of The Augusta Chronicle. Fill out our online form at www.augustachronicle.com/business/onthemove. Items received by noon Tuesday will be published the following Sunday.
© 2017. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us