Note: Announcements for participatory events must be written, delivered, mailed or faxed to The Augusta Chronicle, P.O. Box 1928, Augusta, GA 30903-1928, with a return address and phone number. No phone calls are accepted. Fax number: (706) 823-3408. The announcements will be published weekly.
- The CSRA Showcase will be held at Burke County High School on Nov. 11. All 2007 and 2008 graduates are encouraged to attend. Pre-registration costs $125, or $150 day of event. For more information, call Rick at (706) 554-0293 or Ellis at (706) 726-3577.
- A baseball clinic for students in grades 6-12 will be held Nov. 18 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. A number of professional players will participate, including Stephen Drew, shortstop, Arizona Diamondbacks; Tim Drew, pitcher, Colorado Rockies; Tom Hume, pitching coach, Cincinnati Reds. Several minor league players will be aiding with the instruction. Cost is $150 per student. Space is limited. Registration forms must be completed the day before the clinic to reserve a spot.
- Tryouts for players who are interested in attending the Pre Draft Baseball Showcase in May 2007 will be held Dec. 3 at noon at Lost Mountain in Powder Springs, Ga. Players must be draft eligible to attend. For more information, call (404) 869-7966 or visit www.predraft.com.
- A new 13-under travel team is looking for three new players. For more information, call Craig Cameron at (803) 613-9189.
- The CSRA Bombers 10U travel team is looking for players. For information, call Mell Brantley at (706) 592-1318 or (706) 399-6212.
- The CSRA Crusaders home school team is looking for interested players for its middle school and high school teams. Any private school boys that do not have a baseball program at their school are welcome. For information, call Todd Dickson at (706) 868-5531, e-mail email@example.com or visit www.csracrusaders.com.
- The Augusta NABA fall adult league is looking for players, managers and umpires ages 18 and older. For information, call Mike at (706) 533-4587 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Outlaws 13U traveling/tournament baseball team is looking for two new players, who must not turn 14 before May 1. For more information, call Robert Critell at (706) 840-1066.
- Established 13U USSSA baseball team is seeking pitchers. Please call coach Lee at (706) 513-4347 or Team Mom Tonya Malcom at (706) 589-4766 to schedule a tryout.
- The CC Shockers Traveling USSSA Baseball Blue Team (14-and-under AAA) and the Gray Team (13-and-under AA) have openings for pitchers. Applicants must purchase uniforms. If you are interested in trying out for the Blue Team, contact Shelia Weaver at (706) 592-4445, or for the Gray Team, contact coach Lee Solt at (706) 513-4347 or Tonya Malcom at (706) 589-4766.
- The Augusta Recreation and Parks Department will hold basketball registration at Warren Road Community Center for boys and girls ages 6-17 Nov. 6-17 from noon until 6 p.m. For more information, call (706) 821-2800.
- Augusta Recreation and Parks is holding registration for adult basketball through Nov. 30. Leagues offered are men and women open, industrial, church and coed. For more information, call Lida Gregg at (706) 842-2682.
- The Harlem Globetrotters will play at James Brown Arena on March 21, 2007. Tip-off is at 7 p.m. Ticket prices start at $16 and are available at the civic center box office, by phone at (706) 828-7700 or online at www.ticketmaster.com. For more information, visit the team's Web site, www.harlemglobetrotters.com.
- The Augusta Boxing Club will present open-to-the-public sparring matches the last Thursday of each month at Augusta Boxing Club. Adult boxers must weigh in the previous Monday, and youth must weigh in on Tuesday to be eligible to spar. For information, call Tom Moraetes at (706) 733-7533.
- The 2007 East Coast Silver Gloves Boxing Championships will be held Jan. 4-6 at May Park. Registration will be held 2-9 p.m. Jan. 3 at Clarion Suites Inn, 3038 Washington Road For more information, call Tom Moraetes at (706) 733-7533.
- The Augusta Spartans will hold open tryouts Saturday, Nov. 18 at the Butler High School practice field. Registration begins at 11 a.m., and participants must pay a $50 application and workout fee (cash only) to try out. Immediately after registration will be workouts and drills, including the 40-yard dash, short shuttle and individual drills for all positions (kickers will have a separate tryout at a later date). Outdoor cleats are mandatory. Interested athletes should call coach Bubba Diggs at (803) 634-1807 or (803) 613-9444.
- The Georgia Ragin' Bulls minor league football team will hold tryouts Jan. 13 and Jan. 27, 2007 at Glenn Hills High School. Pre-registration costs $40 and can be obtained by calling (706) 284-9108. The fee the day of tryouts will be $50. For more information, go to www.georgiaraginbulls.com.
- The Fore Everyone adaptive free clinic is held the second Tuesday of every month from 10 a.m. until noon at First Tee of Augusta. The clinic is designed to work on swing, stance and grip while putting, chipping and driving for golfers with disabilities. For more information, call Judie Thompson at (706) 823-8691.
- The MCG Kidney Transplant Program Golf Tournament will be held at Jones Creek Golf Club in Evans on Nov. 6, with registration at 7:30 a.m. and a shotgun start at 9. The format is captain's choice. Proceeds will benefit patients who have received kidney transplants at MCG Health System. Prizes will be awarded and lunch will be provided. A single-player slot costs $150, a two-man team $275. In addition, a maximum of four mulligans per player may be purchased for $5 each at the tournament. For more information or registration forms, call Tara Moon at (706) 721-3621 or (706) 721-2888.
- The Under 19 boys' team for the three-county area will practice every Monday from 6-8 p.m. at the Evans Recreation Field behind Kroger at Ronald Reagan Drive and North Belair Road. Equipment will be supplied. For more information, call (706) 854-1908 or (706) 733-4271.
- Certified personal trainer Jeremy Fielding is holding an "Exercise Boot Camp" on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at Brookfield Park in Martinez. The camp lasts six weeks for 18 sessions. For information, call (706) 726-1983 or go to www.fieldingfitnessconsulting.com.
- The Augusta Junior Rowing Team, part of the Augusta Rowing Club, will be holding spring tryouts Nov. 15-17 and Jan. 8-10, 2007 from 4 to 6:30 p.m. for those who wish to join the team for spring season. For more information, call (706) 821-2875 or visit www.AugustaRowing Club.org. Also look for the information booth at the Nov. 11 Head of the South Regatta at the club's Boathouse at 101 Riverfront Drive in Augusta. Prospective rowers must be able to swim.
- The Augusta Junior Rowing Team will offer a Learn to Row program Nov. 15-17 from 4 to 6:30 p.m. for girls and boys ages 13-18. For more information, see the club's Web site at www.AugustaRowing Club.org or call (706) 821-2875.
- The 10th annual Magnolia Springs 4.8-mile cross country race and one-mile fun run will be held Nov. 11 at Magnolia Springs State Park. USTAF medals will be awarded. Entry fee is $15 for the cross country race, $8 for the fun run and $35 for three or more family members. Late registration will begin at 7 a.m. on race day, with the 4.8-mile cross country race beginning at 9 a.m. For more information, call Jim Hite at (478) 982-4881, e-mail email@example.com or go to www.active.com to register online.
- The first annual December Dash 10K will be held at 9 a.m. Dec. 2 at Phinizy Swamp Nature Park. To register, go to www.active.com or call the Academy Office at (706) 828-2109.
- The Columbia County Patriots Select program is looking for a few experienced female players for the Under-14 team to join the fall and spring season. For more information, call (706) 312-7488.
- Friday night USSSA one pitch tournament for men and women teams at Sweetwater Park in Thomson will be held Nov. 11 and Dec. 9. For more information, call Bob at (706) 595-2152 or Cap at (706) 738-0723.
- Carolina 12U fastpitch team is looking for three players for its travel team. For information, call Mike at (803) 593-8091 or (803) 349-7399.
- The 18U Dominators are looking for players interested in playing college showcase-level fastpitch. For information, call Paul Arrington at (706) 547-0369 or Frank Nelll at (706) 228-5155.
- The Augusta Flyers Track Club is looking for new members. Youth between the ages of 7 and 18 are invited to join. Meetings are held the second Monday of each month at the Bernie Ward Community Center. For information, call (706) 738-3737.