Want some tips on how to study for a test? Need advice on how to balance a checkbook?
Each week, the essentials offers practical advice for teens on some aspect of life.
There are many things to consider while being out and about. Allison Godden, a Richmond County Sheriff's deputy, offers advice on how to stay safe on the streets:
- Never be alone. Try to stay in groups of two or more.
- Be aware of your surroundings. Always look at the hands and eyes of people who are walking toward you.
- Have a cell phone with you. It also helps to have someone know where you are, in case of an emergency.
- Always lock your doors when in the car.
- Never park in dark places. Try to park in a well-lighted area or parking lot.
- Walk on street side of the sidewalk, not the store side. This way you can see whether someone is hiding in an alley or recessed doorway.
© 2017. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us