Activities scheduled for today include:
MAYORAL ROUNDTABLE: The event will be from 6:30-8:45 p.m. at Diamond Lakes Community Center, 103 Diamond Lakes Way, Hephzibah. For more information, call (706) 796-9760 or (706) 724-6172.
HALLOWEEN SPOOK-TACULAR: The event will begin at 7 p.m. at Hole-N-One Family Fun Center, 3197 Whiskey Road, Aiken. Ghouls and goblins will be at every hole of the miniature golf course. Admission is $8. For more information, call (803) 643-1715.
HUNGER FOR LIFE VIII: Tip Toes and Taps Studio will present a concert at 7 p.m. at the Monte Sano Elementary School auditorium, 2165 Richmond Ave. The cost is $8 for adults and $6 for students, seniors. Children 10 and younger will be admitted free.The concert benefits Golden Harvest Food Bank. Call (803) 278-3841 for more information.
THE DEL MCCOURY BAND: The concert will begin at 7:30 p.m. at the Imperial Theatre, 745 Broad St. Ticket prices range from $12.50-$22.50. For more information, call (706) 722-8341 or visit www.imperialtheatre.com.
WOMEN IN BUSINESS SIGNATURE EVENT: The event will be from 6:30-9 p.m. at Augusta Marriott Hotel & Suites, 2 10th St. The guest speaker will be actress Jane Seymour. Tickets cost $50 for members of the Chamber of Commerce and $60 for others; corporate tables cost $450. For more information, call (706) 821-1318 or visit www.augustagausa.com.
SILENT MOVIE NIGHT: Sparrows will be shown at 7:30 p.m. at Sacred Heart Cultural Center, 1301 Greene St. Organist Ron Carter will accompany. The cost is $10 for members and $12 for others and $35 for a recliner with complimentary concessions. For more information, call (706) 826-4700 or visit www.sacredheartaugusta.org.
WAYS TO PROTECT YOUR DISC COLLECTION
Almost everyone has a disc library these days so how can you prolong the life of music, movie and game libraries?
- Keep it clean: Use isopropyl alcohol (or a CD cleaning solution) along with a clean microfiber cloth for optical disc cleaning.
- Wipe outward: When cleaning a disc, begin wiping in a straight line from the center to the outer edge. This motion fends off accidental scratches.
- Stand up: To keep from curving, it's best to store discs in an upright position.
- No rays: Avoid prolonged exposure to the sun.
- No extremes: Discs don't respond well to high heat or humidity.
- Lift right: Remember to pick discs straight up. Sliding a disc across any surface can create scratches, causing the disc to skip.
- No flexing: Flexing may be good for our biceps, but it is harmful to discs' reflective layers.
- Pressure point: When you use extreme pressure to remove a disc from its case, the center hub may crack - potentially shattering during use.
- Ink it: Use a water or alcohol based pen when labeling discs to avoid damage to the reflective layer.