SIERRA CLUB: The club will meet at 7:30 p.m. at Unitarian Universalist Church, 3501 Walton Way Extension. Kathy Roe will discuss wildlife rehabilitation. For more information, call (706) 650-8314.
WOMEN IN BUSINESS: The Augusta Metro Chamber of Commerce will hold its monthly Women in Business luncheon at 11:30 a.m. at Marriott Hotel & Suites, 2 10th St. Marion White-Linder will be the guest speaker. The cost is $17 for chamber members and $20 for others. Call (706) 821-1318.
LIVE, LOVE COURSE: South Aiken Life Skills Ministry will kick off its 26-week course Learning to Live, Learning to Love at 7 p.m., at South Aiken Church of God, 2700 Whiskey Road. Registration costs $50. Call (803) 295-7049.
HISTORICAL SOCIETY: The Beech Island Historical Society will meet at 7:30 p.m. in the society's meeting house and museum, 144 Old Jackson Highway. Isabel Vandervelde will discuss 18th century entrepreneur and trader George Galphin. Call (803) 867-3600.
AUGUSTA COMMISSION: The Augusta Commission will meet at 2 p.m. on the eighth floor of the municipal building, 530 Greene St. The agenda is available at www.augustaga.gov.
LOCAL GOVERNMENT MEETINGS
- AUGUSTA COMMISSION: 2 p.m., eighth floor, municipal building, 530 Greene St. Regular meeting. Agenda available at www.augustaga.gov.
- DISTRICT 4 DEBATE: The SCLC of CSRA and the Social Concerns Department of Williams Memorial C.M.E. Church present candidates for District 4 Augusta Commission seat, 6 p.m., Williams Memorial C.M.E. Church, 1630 15th St.
- AIKEN COUNTY COUNCIL DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE: 4 p.m.
- AIKEN COUNTY COUNCIL JUDICIAL AND PUBLIC SAFETY COMMITTEE: 5 p.m.
- AIKEN COUNTY COUNCIL WORK SESSION: 6 p.m.
- AIKEN COUNTY COUNCIL: 7 p.m., 736 Richland Ave. W., Aiken
- POST BRIEFING: Military retirees and other area residents interested in Fort Gordon are invited to attend the monthly community information briefing at 11:30 a.m. at the Gordon Club on 19th Street. The briefing provides information on community events and projects. It will be open to questions and comments. For more information, call (706) 791-3639.
- PHASE II UDPATE: 5 p.m. at the Richmond County Board of Education, 864 Broad St. Progress of the 32 projects and the status of the 1 cent sales tax approved to pay for school improvements will be discussed. Call (706) 733-5449.
- AUGUSTA HOUSING AUTHORITY commission: 9 a.m. in the board room of the J. Madden Reid Administration Building, 1435 Walton Way. For more information, call (706) 312-3158.
- AVIATION COMMISSION: Finance subcommittee meeting, 3:30 p.m., Daniel Field
- RICHMOND COUNTY BOARD OF ELECTIONS: Board will hear challenges to mayoral candidate Ronnie Few's candidacy based on residency. The hearing will begin at 1:30 p.m., Augusta Commission chambers, eighth Floor, municipal building, 530 Greene St.
- COLUMBIA COUNTY TOWN HALL MEETING: 6-7 p.m., Columbia County officials will hold a town hall meeting about proposed Capital Improvement Projects and the bond referendum at Eubanks Blanchard Community Center, on Cobbham Road, in Phinizy.
- COLUMBIA COUNTY PLANNING AND ZONING: 6:30 p.m., Government Center Auditorium, on Ronald Reagan Drive, in Evans.
- AUGUSTA COMMISSION: Budget work session, 1:30 p.m., eighth floor municipal building, 530 Greene St.
© 2018. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us