- Tuesday: Business After Hours; Augusta Metro Chamber of Commerce networking event; 5:30 p.m., Red Hugh's Irish Pub; free; call Terra Carroll at (706) 821-1318.
- Tuesday: How to Market to Latinos; seminar by Eduardo Lopez, a minority business consultant with the University of Georgia's Small Business Development Center; 6 p.m.; $35; 1054 Claussen Road, call (706) 737-1790.
- Wednesday: Augusta Entrepreneur's Lunch and Learn, topic is Marketing on a Shoestring by Sharon Macaluso, area director for the University of Georgia's Small Business Development Center; $20 fee includes box lunch, 11 a.m.; 1054 Claussen Road, call (706) 737-1790.
l Thursday: National Contract Management Association monthly program meeting; speaker Craig Baynham, ethics director; 6 p.m., Woodside Plantation, Aiken; members $20, nonmembers $22; contact Susan Goodwin at (803) 952-6080
l Thursday: Writing an Effective Business Plan, seminar by the University of Georgia Small Business Development Center on why business plans are critical to success; $40, includes detailed planning outline and other materials; 6 p.m., 1054 Claussen Road, call (706) 737-1790.
l Thursday: Marketing Your Products and Services on eBay; seminar by the University of Georgia Small Business Development Center on how to find untapped sources of income by selling products and services online; 6 p.m.; $59; 1054 Claussen Road; call (706) 737-1790.
- Thursday: Project Management Institute Savannah River Chapter Monthly Dinner Meeting; Augusta Towers Hotel & Conference Center, 6:15 p.m.; keynote speaker Rhoda Allen, senior project manager for IBM; presenting Tracker and the Playbook; $20 members, $25 nonmembers payable at the door; spouses welcome as nonmember guests; R.S.V.P. to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org by Sept. 18.
- Sept. 27: Society of Human Resource Management Augusta Area Chapter monthly luncheon; topic is Safety in an Aging Workforce, by Diane DeGaetano, occupational health manager for Merial Corp.; 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m., T- Bonz Banquet & Catering Hall; 2858 Washington Road; nonmembers $15; prospective members receive one complimentary visit.; R.S.V.P. to Paula Kitchens at a paula.kitchens@augustametro fcu.org by Friday.
- Sept. 27: QuickBooks Training Seminar; learn how to get set up in QuickBooks and work with lists, bank accounts, payroll, and other business functions; 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Serotta Maddocks Evans & Co. CPAs, 701 Greene Street, Suite 200 Augusta, GA 30901; $98 per person; to register, contact Melissa Canady at (706) 722-5337 or email@example.com.
- Oct. 10: Legal Aspects of Your Business, free seminar by Serotta Maddocks Evans & Company CPAs and Rhodes Law Firm; topics include business forms, dealing with partners and protection from liability; 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Serotta Maddocks Evans & Co. CPAs, 701 Greene St., Suite 200; seminar includes free lunch; call Melissa Canady at (706) 722-5337 or Laura Hemphill at (706) 724-0405.
- Free counseling for small-business owners and entrepreneurs; SCORE Associates, a nonprofit volunteer organization; call (706) 793-9998 in Augusta, (803) 641-1111 in Aiken and (803) 279-2323 in North Augusta for an appointment.
- Word of Mouth Network, group seeks network of 200 entrepreneurs and businesspeople for a referral network; call Richard Banks (706) 736-5020 for an e-mail providing a concise overview.
- The NoonTime Networkers, area chapter of Business Network International; meets every Thursday at 11:30 a.m., T-Bonz Banquet Hall; contact Melanie Smith at melanie. firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Augusta Network Club, a group of noncompeting business people who have informal meetings; 8 a.m. every other Thursday; no dues; call Earle Lovering at (706) 364-2874.
- The Leads at Lunch chapter of Business Networking International meets every Tuesday at 11:30 a.m. at Golden Corral, Bobby Jones Expressway; call Linda at (706) 309-9093.
- Augusta Business Development Club, referral group of noncompeting business people; 7:30 a.m., Tuesdays, Athens Restaurant, Bobby Jones Expressway; contact Heath Jefferson at email@example.com, (706) 267-2228.
The Business Calendar is a free public-service listing of The Augusta Chronicle. Fill out our online form at www.augustachronicle.com/business/onthemove. Items received by noon Tuesday will be published the following Sunday.
© 2017. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us