Activities and entertainment events scheduled for this week include:
AUDITIONS: Auditions for Moon Over Buffalo will be at 7:30 p.m. at the Fort Gordon Dinner Theatre, Building 32100, Third Avenue, Fort Gordon. Openings are for four women (early 20s to 75) and four men (early 20s to 60). The show dates are Sept. 15-16, 22-23, 28-30. For more information, call (706) 793-8552.
COMPUTER SECURITY: Augusta State University and McAfee's Foundstone will offer a free program about keeping networks and personal computers secure from hackers from 8:30 a.m. to noon in 170 University Hall, 2500 Walton Way. Seating is limited. For more information, call (706) 667-4807.
REALIZATIONS: THE ART OF HUBERT SHUPTRINE: The exhibit will be on display from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday and noon to 5 p.m. Sunday at the Morris Museum of Art, 1 10th St. Admission costs $5 for adults and $3 for seniors, pupils and military with ID. It's free for museum members and children 5 and younger. Admission is free on Sundays. For more information, call (706) 724-7501 or visit www.themorris.org.
MEETING: Augusta Archaeological Society will meet at 8 p.m. at Lone Star Cafe, 2744 Washington Road. The guest speaker will be Keith Stephenson. Dinner will begin at 6:30 p.m. For more information, call (706) 863-7964.
MEETING: Butler High School will hold a meeting to inform parents of changes related to its Learning Reform Plan. The meeting will be at 6 p.m. in the school's cafeteria. Among the changes, Butler High will have new school hours when class begins Monday. School will run from 7:15 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Freshman orientation will follow.
WIT: The play will be performed at 8 p.m. Thursday-Saturday at Le Chat Noir Theatre, 304 Eighth St. The show, directed by Douglass E. Joiner, costs $15. For more information, call (706) 394-2259 or (706) 826-0670.
EDUCATION EXPO: The free event will be from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Fort Discovery, 1 Seventh St., and will feature more than 50 vendors booths. For more information, call (706) 821-0224.
CHARITY BIKE RALLY: The Centurion Motorcycle Club will hold a charity bike rally from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m., at Hooters, 2834 Washington Road. Attractions will include a bike show, music, children's entertainment and vendors. The event benefits the Boys and Girls Club of Augusta and the Alzheimer's Association of Augusta. Call (706) 533-5216 for more information.
CAR GIVEAWAY: North Augusta American Legion Post 71 will hold an auction and car giveaway at North Augusta High School, 2000 Knobcone Ave. Registration begins at 5 p.m., dinner at 6 p.m. and the live auction at 7 p.m. The cost, which is $10, includes a barbecue chicken meal. The event benefits the post's building fund. For more information, call (803) 279-8135.
GOING TO MARKET: The Saturday Market on Broad features fresh produce, flowers, plants, breads, beef and desserts from 8 a.m. to noon each Saturday through Aug. 26 on Macartan Street, between Broad and Reynolds streets. Call (706) 722-7245.
LOCAL GOVERNMENT MEETINGS
- Columbia County Commission: 11 a.m., Evans Government Complex Auditorium, Ronald Reagan Drive, Evans
- Edgefield County School board: 6:30 p.m., school district board room, 3 Par Drive
- Augusta-Richmond County Land Bank Authority: 3 p.m., Augusta Housing & Economic Development Department, second-floor conference room, 925 Laney-Walker Blvd.
- Augusta Commission Administrative Services Committee: 3 p.m., municipal building, 530 Greene St.
- Augusta Commission: 3:45 p.m., municipal building, 530 Greene St.; final public hearing on the commission's proposed property tax increase.
- Edgefield County Planning Commission: 6:30 p.m., 225 Jeter St., Edgefield
- Augusta Commission: 2 p.m., municipal building, 530 Greene St.
- Aiken County Development Committee: 4 p.m., 736 Richland Ave. W.
- Aiken County Judicial and Public Safety Committee: 5 p.m., 736 Richland Ave. W.
- Columbia County Commission: 6:30 p.m., Evans Government Center auditorium, 630 Ronald Reagan Drive
- Aiken County Council: 7 p.m., 736 Richland Ave. W.; work session at 6 p.m.