Note: Announcements for participatory events must be written, delivered, mailed or faxed to The Augusta Chronicle, P.O. Box 1928, Augusta, GA 30903-1928, with a return address and phone number. No phone calls are accepted. Fax number: (706) 823-3408. The announcements will be published weekly.
- A new 13-under travel team is looking for three new players. For information, call Craig Cameron at (803) 613-9189.
- The CSRA Bombers 10U travel team is looking for players. For information, call Mell Brantley at (706) 592-1318 or (706) 399-6212.
- The CSRA Crusaders homeschool team is looking for interested players for its middle school and high school teams. For information, call Todd Dickson at (706) 868-5531, e-mail csracrusaders@comcast. net or visit www.csracrusaders.com.
- The USSSA Georgia Carolina Border Brawl will be held at Diamond Lakes on Aug. 12-13. For information, call Bob at (706) 595-8136 or (706) 595-2152, or Cap at (706) 738-0723.
- The USSSA East Georgia Fall Classic for 8U machine pitch, and 9U-16U will be held at Diamond Lakes on Sept. 16-17. For information, call Bob at (706) 595-8136 or (706) 595-2152, or Cap at (706) 738-0723.
- The USSSA Monster Mash for ages 8U machine pitch, and 9U-16U will be held at Diamond Lakes on Oct. 21-22. For information, call Bob at (706) 595-8136 or (706) 595-2152, or Cap at (706) 738-0723.
- The USSSA Turkey Trot for 8U machine pitch and 9U-16U will be held at Diamond Lakes on Nov. 18-19. For information, call Bob at (706) 595-8136 or (706) 595-2152, or Cap at (706) 738-0723.
- A new 13U travel baseball team is looking for players. For more information, call Craig Cameron at (803) 613-9189 or (803) 292-4353.
- The Augusta Boxing Club will present open-to-the-public sparring matches the second Thursday of each month at the Augusta Boxing Club. For information, call Tom Moraetes at (706) 733-7533.
- The Augusta Fencers Club is now taking registration for a summer class in beginning foil fencing for adults ages 15 and up. The 10-week course will meet Thursdays at 6 p.m. at the club's downtown facilities. The fee is $100. All competitive equipment is provided. For information, call (706) 722-8878 or go to www.augustafencers.com.
- Bass Tournament every Saturday night at Amity boat ramp, Lincolnton, Ga. Entry fee $25 plus $5 big fish. Big fish is optional. 6-10:30 p.m. 100 percent payback. For information, call Jameson Chastain at (706) 359-3345 or Jeff Bessinger at (706) 359-7359.
- The sixth annual Football-R-Us clinic and conditioning will continue today and Friday at Lakeside High School. The clinic is for grades 4-8 and will cost $50 per person. For information, call coach Hill at (706) 863-0027 ext. 217.
- The Augusta Seminoles minor league team is looking for a volunteer coach. For information, call coach Jenkins at (706) 830-6306 or (706) 798-0264.
- The Just Horsin' Round Charity Golf Tournament will be Monday at Woodside Plantation Country Club. The four-person scramble will benefit South Aiken High School athletics and will begin with a shotgun start at 8:30 a.m. Registration will begin at 7:30 a.m. on the day of the tournament. For information, call (803) 642-0053.
- The American Cancer Society will hold its annual classic at The River Golf Club on Aug. 14. Tee time is at 1 p.m. Cost is $800 per foursome. For information, call (706) 731-9900.
- The Men Making A Difference Golf Tournament will be Aug. 18 at Gordon Lakes. Check in time will begin at 10 a.m. with a shotgun start at 12:30 p.m. Entry fee is $30 for members, $40 for non-members. For information, call SGM Willie Williams at (706) 791-3166, Willie Battle at (706) 592-2280, or Jesse Price at (706) 791-7503.
- The 10th Annual Georgia Tech Club of Augusta Golf Tournament will be Aug. 19 at Bartram Trail. The tournament will begin with a shotgun start at 9 a.m. Cost is $75 per person, $300 per team. For information, call Don Thorstad at (706) 724-5756 or (706) 733-6263, or Chip Cochran at (706) 792-7026.
- The Ronald McDonald House Charities of Augusta will hold its annual golf tournament Sept. 11 at Mount Vintage. Registration will begin at 9:30 a.m., with a shotgun start at noon. Entry fees are $1,000 per team (with a $250 per team deposit), or $250 per individual. For information, call Shannon Powell at (706) 294-4040 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Doctors Hospital Fourth Annual Boys Scouts Golf Classic will be Sept. 28 at Bartram Trail. Lunch will be at noon, and the shotgun start is at 1 p.m. For information, call (706) 733-5277.
- The Fore Everyone adaptive free clinic is held the second Tuesday of every month from 10 a.m. until noon at First Tee of Augusta. The clinic is designed to work on swing, stance and grip while putting, chipping, and driving for golfers with disabilities. For more information, call Judie Thompson at (706) 823-8691.
- The David Usry Junior Golf Academy is accepting applications for summer camps at North Augusta Country Club. Camp costs include instruction, computer swing analysis, instructional booklet, customized golf hat and lunch each day. For more information, call David at (803) 279-0704.
- The Augusta Ice Hockey Association Adult summer season will run through August. League play will be Wednesday and Thursday nights. New players are welcome at stick time on Sundays at noon and Mondays at 8 p.m. For information, call (706) 863-0061 or (803) 278-6345.
- The Augusta Ice Hockey Association Youth Fall Season will start Aug. 28 and will run through Dec. 7. Early registration deadline is Aug. 20. Interested youth are welcome to attend an open house at the Augusta Ice Sports Center August 19 from 4:30 a.m. until 6 p.m. For more information, call (706) 863-0061.
- The Under 19 boys' team for the three-county area practices every Saturday from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Evans Recreation Field behind Kroger at Ronald Reagan Drive and North Belair Road. Equipment will be supplied. For more information, call (706) 854-1908 or (706) 733-4271.
- The Augusta Recreation and Parks Department for West Augusta will hold registration for fall baseball, softball, soccer, cheerleading, and football Aug. 7-18 from noon until 6 p.m. at Eisenhower Park. Call (706) 821-2800 for more information.
© 2017. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us