Note: Announcements for participatory events must be written, delivered, mailed or faxed to The Augusta Chronicle, P.O. Box 1928, Augusta, GA 30903-1928, with a return address and phone number. No phone calls are accepted. Fax number: (706) 823-3408. The announcements will be published weekly.
- The Blue Hose Kids Camp will be at Presbyterian College in Clinton, S.C., Monday-Thursday. The camp is open to players ages 5-13. Cost is $100. Camp will begin at 9 a.m. and end at noon. For information, call Elton Pollock at (864) 833-8236 or Mark Johnson at (864) 833-7093, or go to www.presby.edu/bluehose/camps.
- Georgia Southern Baseball Camps will be July 13-16 for session I (overnight) and July 17-20 for session II (day). Session I camp is for ages 13-18 and will cost $350. Session II is for ages 5-12 and will cost $100. For information, call (912) 871-1331 or go to www.georgiasouthernbaseballcamp.com.
- The 18th annual Clint Bryant Camp will be July 17-21 at Riverview Park in North Augusta for boys and girls K-12. Registration fee is $175 and includes lunch, basketball and a T-shirt. For information, call Trish at (706) 737-6888.
- The Augusta Boxing Club will present "open to the public" sparring matches the second Thursday of each month at the Augusta Boxing Club. For information, call Tom Moraetes at (706) 733-7533.
- Season tickets are on sale now for Georgia Ragin' Bulls minor league football. Season tickets are $25. General admission tickets will be $8, children 8-14 are $3, and 5 and under are free. Military, EMS, Fire, and Police are $5 with I.D. Seniors 60 and older are $3. For information, call Jimmy Cronan at (706) 284-9108.
- The Augusta Ice Hockey Association Adult summer season will run through August. League play will be Wednesday and Thursday nights. New players are welcome at stick time on Sundays at noon and Mondays at 8 p.m. For information, call (706) 863-0061 or (803) 278-6345.
- The Under 19 boys' team for the three-county area will practice every Saturday from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Evans Recreation Field behind Kroger at Ronald Reagan Drive and North Belair Road. Equipment will be supplied. For more information, call (706) 854-1908 or (706) 733-4271.
- The Georgia Games will be held Friday through July 16 in metro Atlanta. Any resident from the state of Georgia can compete in any of the more than 50 sporting events. For an entry form or for information, go to www.georgiagames.org or call (770) 528-3580.
- A new water polo league will begin at the Augusta Aquatics Center for ages 15 and up. For information, call George Ivey at (706) 261-0426.
- The Augusta Rugby Football Club practices Tuesdays and Thursdays 6:30-8:30 p.m. at May Park. New players are welcome. No experience necessary. For information, call Tony Martin at (803) 292-6278, or e-mail email@example.com.
- Two-time Olympic medalist Shannon MacMillan will hold a camp in Augusta, July 17-20, at Augusta Soccer Park for girls ages 8-18. The camp costs $375, with team discounts available. For information, go to www.shannonmac
- Individual training by Division I soccer player Parker Rogers will be held through Aug. 1. Sessions last one hour and are for ages 10-16. For information, call (706) 830-2178.
- The Love Doubles League is a new, semi-competitive league based on individual round robin. Players draw a number before the match, and based on the number is assigned a partner, court and opponents. Players may end up playing with or against teammates. At the end of three rounds, the player with the most points wins. For information, call Mary Sicard at (706) 737-6546 or (706) 306-0059.
- The Augusta Flyers Track Club is looking for new members. Youth between the ages of 7 and 18 are invited to join. Meetings are held the second Monday of each month at the Bernie Ward Community Center. For information, call (706) 738-3737.
© 2016. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us