Note: Announcements for participatory events must be written, delivered, mailed or faxed to The Augusta Chronicle, P.O. Box 1928, Augusta, GA 30903-1928, with a return address and phone number. No phone calls are accepted. Fax number: (706) 823-3408. The announcements will be published weekly.
- The 2006 Georgia Underclassmen Showcase will be held June 14 at Augusta State. Registration will be held at 8:30 a.m. and also online at www.georgiadugoutclub.com. Registration online is encouraged, as this will allow the participant to have an online profile for scouts to view. Cost to participate is $100, nonrefundable.
- The Southeastern Baseball Showcase will be held June 25 at 11 a.m. at Kennesaw State for the class of 2007-08. For information, call (404) 869-7966 or www.angelfire.com/sports/showcase.
- The Dip Metress Basketball Academy will be held June 19-23 from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. at Augusta State. The coed camp is open to boys and girls in grades 1 through 7. Cost is $150 and includes lunch and a T-shirt. For information, call coach Metress at (706) 667-4765 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Skills Drill Basketball Camp will be held June 19-22 from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. at Curtis Baptist School for boys and girls in grades 5 through 12. Registration before Friday costs $75. After Friday, registration will cost $85. Fees include lunch and a T-shirt. For more information, call Sam Ward at (706) 495-7739.
- The 18th annual Clint Bryant Camp will be July 17-21 at Riverview Park in North Augusta for boys and girls K-12. Registration cost $175, and includes lunch, basketball and a T-shirt. For information, call Trish at (706) 737-6888.
- The fourth annual Ringside/Comcast Augusta Summer Boxing Classic will be held June 15-17 at May Park Community Center. The tournament is open to boys and girls ages 9-14. Registration will be held June 14. For information, call the Augusta Boxing Club at (706) 733-7533.
- The Augusta Boxing Club presents "open to the public" sparring matches every second Thursday of each month at the club. For information, call Tom Moraetes at (706) 733-7533.
- The Augusta Fencers Club is taking registration for a summer class in beginning foil fencing for people 15 and up. The 10-week course will meet on Thursdays at 6 p.m. at the club's downtown facilities. The fee is $100. All competitive equipment is provided. For information, call (706) 722-8878 or go to www.augustafencers.com.
- The Summer National Kicking Service will conduct placekicking and punting camps at Riverside Military Academy in Gainesville, Ga., June 20-22. For information, call (800) 660-7176; write to National Kicking Service, P.O. Box 135, Marshfield Hills, MA 02051; or go to www.kickpunt.com.
- The Brandon Lynch Camp will be held June 30 at the Boys & Girls Club in Augusta. The cost to attend is $100. Camp instructors will be Brandon Lynch and four other Indianapolis Colts, one athlete from the Miami Dolphins and one athlete from the Seattle Seahawks. The Palmetto Dragons will assist. For information, call (803) 270-0750.
- The Augusta Seminoles minor league team is looking for a volunteer coach. For information, call Coach Jenkins at (706) 830-6306 or (706) 798-0264.
- The Fifth Annual Ed McIntyre Amateur Golf Classic will be held Saturday and Sunday at Augusta Municipal Golf Club. The fee is $100 and includes cart fees and a party. Proceeds will provide scholarships youth to play and learn at First Tee Augusta. For more information, call (706) 399-1254 or (706) 798-5798, or e-mail email@example.com.
- The 41st annual North Augusta Country Club/Sertoma Junior Invitational Golf Tournament will be held June 20-22 at the North Augusta Country Club. The 54-hole medal play tournament is limited to the first 100 entries ages 11-18 who qualify. The $40 entry fee includes a practice round and a banquet. For information, call (803) 279-0704.
- The ninth annual Don Smoland Memorial Open will be June 23 at Houndslake. The entry fee is $60 per golfer, $240 per team for the captain's choice event, and it includes lunch, greens fee and cart. Proceeds benefit the United Way and ALS research. For information, call John M. Phillips at (803) 208-3991.
- The Fore Everyone adaptive free golf clinic is held the second Tuesday of every month from 10 a.m. until noon at First Tee Augusta. The clinic is designed to work on swing, stance and grip while putting, chipping and driving for golfers with disabilities. For more information, call Judie Thompson at (706) 823-8691.
- The David Usry Junior Golf Academy is accepting applications for summer camps at the North Augusta Country Club. Camp costs include instruction, computer swing analysis, instructional booklet, customized golf hat and lunch each day. For more information, call David at (803) 279-0704.
- The Academy at River Golf Club will offer a Mother's Morning Out for June and July, Mondays and Tuesdays from 8 a.m. until noon. The program is for juniors ages 5-18. Lunch will be provided. Cost is $165 for the first child and $125 for each additional child in the family. For information, call The River Golf Club at (803) 202-0110.
- The Georgia Games will be held July 7-16 in metro Atlanta. Any Georgia resident can compete in any of the more than 50 sporting events. For an entry form or for information, go to www.georgiagames.org or call (770) 528-3580.