Note: Announcements for participatory events must be written, delivered, mailed or faxed to The Augusta Chronicle, P.O. Box 1928, Augusta GA 30903-1928, with a return address and phone number. No phone calls are accepted. Fax number: (706) 823-3408. The announcements will be published weekly as space permits.
- The 2006 Georgia Underclassmen Showcase will be held June 14 at Augusta State. Registration will be held at 8:30 a.m., and also online at www.georgiadugoutclub.com. Registration online is encouraged, as this will allow the participant to have an online profile for scouts to view. Cost to participate is $100, non-refundable.
- Registration is now being accepted for the High Stock Sports Basketball Academy for boys ages 14-16. The Camp will be held June 19-22 at Murphey Middle School. Fee is $100 and includes lunch daily, T-shirt, and jersey. For information, call Jabari Levi at (706) 495-0666 or Terrance Howard at (706) 726-9772.
- The Dip Metress Basketball Academy will be held June 19-23 from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. at Augusta State. The coed camp is open to boys and girls grades 1 through 7. Cost is $150 and includes lunch and a T-shirt. For information, call coach Metress at (706) 667-4765 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Skills Drill Basketball Camp will be held June 19-22 from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. at Curtis Baptist School for boys and girls in grades 5 through 12. Registration before June 9 will be $75. After June 9, registration will be $85. Fees include lunch and a T-shirt. For information, call Sam Ward at (706) 495-7739.
- The fourth annual Ringside/Comcast Augusta Summer Boxing Classic will be held June 15-17 at May Park Community Center. The tournament is open to boys and girls ages 9-14. Registration will be held June 14. For more information, call the Augusta Boxing Club at (706) 733-7533.
- The Augusta Fencers Club is now taking registration for a summer class in beginning foil fencing for adults ages 15 and up. The 10-week course will meet on Thursdays at 6 p.m. at the club's downtown facilities. The fee is $100. All competitive equipment is provided. For information, call (706) 722-8878 or go to www.augustafencers.com.
- The Summer National Kicking Service will conduct football placekicking and punting camps at Riverside Military Academy in Gainesville, Ga., June 20-22. For information, call (800) 660-7176, write to National Kicking Service, P.O. Box 135, Marshfield Hills, MA 02051, or go to www.kickpunt.com.
- The fifth annual Ed McIntyre Amateur Golf Classic will be held June 10-11 at Augusta Municipal Golf Club. The fee is $100 and includes cart fees for both days and party. For information, call (706) 399-1254 or (706) 798-5798, or e-mail email@example.com.
- The Fore Everyone adaptive free golf clinic is held the second Tuesday of every month from 10 a.m. until noon at First Tee of Augusta. The clinic is designed to work on swing, stance and grip while putting, chipping and driving for golfers with disabilities. For more information, call Judie Thompson at (706) 823-8691.
- The Augusta Ice Sports Center will hold an Elite Hockey Skills Camp June 19-23. Youth camp will be held from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m., and adult camp will be held in the evenings. Beginners are welcome. For information, call (706) 263-0061, ext. 4.
- Traveling football/dance/cheer signup for individuals and coaches will be held Saturday from 10 a.m. until noon at the Boys/Girls Club on Division Street. For more information, call (706) 831-0274.
- The Augusta Rowing Club will hold a one-day Learn To Row class Saturday from 8 a.m. until noon. Cost is $15 and includes lunch. The class is limited to 18 people and is open to anyone 16 years old and over. For more information, call (706) 821-2875 or go to www.augusta rowingclub.org.
- The Augusta Arsenal Soccer Club will hold tryouts for the upcoming season at Augusta Soccer Park. Tryouts for U9-U12 teams will be held Monday and Tuesday. Tryouts for U13-U19 teams will be held June 12-14 and June 19. For information, call (706) 854-0149 or go to www.augustasoccer.com.
- Columbia County will hold tryouts for the fall season. U9 through U12 boys and girls will try out Monday. U13 through U19 will be June 12, 13, 15, 17 and 19. All tryouts will be held at Patriots Park. For information, go to www.patriotssoccer.org or call (706) 312-7488.
- The Augusta Flyers Track Club is looking for new members. Youth between the ages of 7 and 18 are invited to join. Meetings are held the second Monday of each month at the Bernie Ward Community Center. For information, call (706) 738-3737.
- The Augusta Prep fourth annual summer camp will be held June 12-16. Middle school sessions will be held from 9 a.m. until noon, and high school sessions will be held from1-4 p.m. Cost is $100 and includes a camp T-shirt. For more information, go to www.augustaprep.org or call Coach Rich Bland at (706) 863-1906 ext. 361, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.