- Thursday: Greater Augusta chapter Legal Nurse Consultants; Monthly meeting; 5 p.m., Marvin United Methodist Church; contact Ruby Barnes (706) 792-0621 or Bonnie Rushton (803) 278-4705.
l Thursday: Starting a Nonprofit; seminar by Joan Stoddard, of the Georgia Center for Nonprofits; 9 a.m. to noon, Enterprise Mill Conference Room, Suite 125; $30 members, $40 nonmembers; register at (706) 823-9718 or go to www.gcn.org.
- Thursday: QuickBooks Pro 2006 seminar by Angela Mantlow; Serotta Maddocks Evans & Co. CPAs; 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.; $98; continental breakfast and lunch provided; call Melissa Canady at (706) 722-5337.
- June 13: Starting Your Own Business; seminar by the University of Georgia Small Business Development Center; 6 p.m.; 1054 Claussen Road, Suite 301; $40; call (706) 737-1790.
- June 15: Practical Marketing Workshop; University of South Carolina Aiken Small Business Development Center seminar on increasing cash flow by using tools such as census data analysis; 9 a.m.; USC Aiken Penland Administration Building, Room 106; $50; contact email@example.com or (803) 641-3646.
- June 15: Augusta chapter of the American Academy of Professional Coders monthly meeting; teleconference on Global Surgery Modifiers by Susan Garrison; 6 p.m., 1305 Interstate Parkway, behind Doctors Hospital; $5, R.S.V.P. to Janice Douglas at (706) 721-5093.
- June 16: Augusta chapter of the American Academy of Professional Coders; seminar on coding for infectious diseases by Dr. Glade Curtis.; 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.; The Partridge Inn, 2110 Walton Way; $200 members, $250 nonmembers; R.S.V.P. to Janice Douglas at (706) 721-5093.
- June 20: Writing an Effective Business Plan seminar by the University of Georgia Small Business Development Center; 6 p.m.; 1054 Claussen Road, Suite 301; $40; call (706) 737-1790.
- June 23: National Contract Management Association Scholarship Fundraiser; eighth annual Carl Carr Memorial Golf Tournament; 8 a.m.; North Augusta Country Club, 2001 Gregory Lane Road, North Augusta; $60 for an individual, $125 for a sponsorship; R.S.V.P. to Janette Roberts at (803) 952-6162 by June 15.
l June 29: Strengthening Management Information Systems through Technical Decisions; seminar by John Cooper, of the Georgia Center for Nonprofits; 9 a.m. to noon, Enterprise Mill Starch Building Conference Room; $30 members, $40 others; register at (706) 823-9718 or go to www.gcn.org.
- Free counseling for small-business owners and entrepreneurs; SCORE Associates, a nonprofit volunteer organization; call (706) 793-9998 in Augusta, (803) 641-1111 in Aiken and (803) 279-2323 in North Augusta for an appointment.
- Instructor-led online courses; Augusta State University Education to Go program; call (706) 736-1636 for schedule or go to www.ced.aug.edu and click on "courses."
- Word of Mouth Network, group seeks network of 200 entrepreneurs and businesspeople for a referral network; call Richard Banks (706) 736-5020 for an e-mail providing a concise overview.
- The NoonTime Networkers, area chapter of Business Network International; meets every Thursday at 11:30 a.m., T-Bonz Banquet Hall; contact Melanie Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Augusta Network Club, a group of noncompeting business people who have informal meetings; 8 a.m. every other Thursday; no dues; call Earle Lovering at (706) 364-2874.
- The Leads at Lunch chapter of Business Networking International meets every Tuesday at 11:30 at T-Bonz Banquet Hall at 2860 Washington Road; call Debbie at (706) 364-6612.
- The Referrals at Breakfast meeting of Business Network International, every Thursday at 7 a.m. at the Marriott Courtyard on Stevens Creek Road; call Wesley Ott at (706) 832-2848.
- Augusta Business Development Club, group of noncompeting business people that meets to share referrals and help each other with business growth; 11:30 Wednesdays; call Heath Jefferson at (706) 267-2228.
- Georgia-Carolina Investment Club is looking for members. If you are interested in real estate investing, call Bert Ellis for details at (803) 645-7883.
- Business Network International Pro-Active Professionals chapter; meets Wednesdays at 11:30 a.m. at Cleveland & Anderson CPAs on Davis Road; call Angela Brock at (706) 868-5916 for details.
- Business Network International First Things First chapter; meets Tuesdays at 7 a.m. at Cleveland & Anderson CPAs on Davis Road; call Adam Williams at (706) 868-5916.
- Software training for Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office and other applications; daytime and evening classes offered Monday through Saturday; Computer Link, (706) 860-8313, 596 Bobby Jones Expressway.
The business calendar is a free public-service listing of the Augusta Chronicle fill out our online form at www.augustachronicle.com/business/onthemove.
© 2016. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us