- Tuesday: Not Just Coffee, Columbia County Chamber of Commerce breakfast meeting; topic: the Medical Future of Columbia County; 7:30 a.m.; Jabez Sanford Performing Arts Center; members free, nonmembers $10; R.S.V.P. to Terra Carroll at (706) 860-4735 or tcarroll@ columbiacountychamber.com.
l Wednesday: Membership Appreciation Reception & Open House Drop-In; spotlight on the Foundation Center On-Line Directory of foundation grants by Joan Stoddard, of the Georgia Center for Nonprofits; 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.; Enterprise Mill Conference Room, Suite 160; free; register at (706) 823-9718 or go to www.gcn.org.
- Wednesday: Preparing Successful Bids & Proposals; free Georgia Institute of Technology seminar for businesses responding to federal government requests; 9 a.m.; 1054 Claussen Road, Suite 301; register online at www.gtpac.org.
- Thursday: Take the Wheel: Get the Best Car Deal, free car-buying seminar by the Health Center Credit Union; 5-6 p.m., MCG Small Auditorium, MCG Auditoria Center; R.S.V.P. to (706) 721-2605 or www.hccu.coop.
- Thursday: Greater Augusta Chapter of Legal Nurse Consultants; 5 p.m., Marvin United Methodist Church, 4400 Wheeler Road, Martinez; call Lessie Chapman at (706) 860-1106 or Ruby Barnes at (706) 792-0621.
l Saturday, April 22, April 29, May 6: PMP Certification Prep Course; presented by the Savannah River Chapter of Project Management Institute in partnership with University of South Carolina Aiken; contact Surendra Gupta at (803) 952-6443 or Laura Anderson at (803) 641-3563.
l April 18: Troy University Open House; representatives will be on hand to answer prospective students' question; 5:30 p.m., Augusta Corporate Center, 2743 Perimeter Parkway, Building 100, Suite 201, free; refreshments will be served; for more information e-mail email@example.com.
l April 20: Augusta Metro Chamber of Commerce spring membership meeting featuring Paul Holmes Jr., chairman of the Georgia Chamber of Commerce; 11:30 a.m.; Augusta Marriott Hotel & Suites, $25 per member or $225 per table; R.S.V.P. to Erin Flanagan-Winch at (706) 821-1324.
l April 27: Winning the War on Talent: Nonprofit Recruitment, Retention and More; seminar by Mary Bear, of Bear, Corbett, Woodward & Moore; Enterprise Mill Conference Room, Suite 125; $30 members, $40 nonmembers; register at (706) 823-9718 or go to www.gcn.org.
- April 29: Walking Your Way Through Bundling Issues; Augusta chapter of the American Academy of Professional Coders seminar with speaker Vicky O'Neil discussing correct Coding Initiative Edits; 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.; The Partridge Inn, 2110 Walton Way; advance tickets $180 members, $220 nonmember; contact Janice Douglas at (706) 721-5093.
- April 29: Housing Seminar for Senior Citizens; free seminar on housing changes for those 55 and older; 10 a.m., Rhodes Financial Services, Evans; contact Carol Doman, of Meybohm Realtors, at (706) 564-0399 or (706) 739-1020, ext. 2919.
l May 2: Third Annual Women's Leadership Conference & Expo; 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; The Pinnacle Club; for registration and more information, call (706) 792-1427.
l May 5: Latino/Hispanic Job Fair, event for companies interested in hiring Latino/Hispanic workers and Spanish speakers Julian Smith Casino; contact Asociacin Latina de Servicios at (706) 231-1567.
l May 8: Sixth Annual Augusta Chamber of Commerce Golf Classic by First Bank of Georgia; The River Club; sponsors and participants enjoy breakfast, lunch and an awards ceremony with dinner following the day's events; contact Erin Flanagan-Winch at firstname.lastname@example.org or (706) 821-1324.
l May 9: Beyond Investment Illusions, seminar by Kurt Mobley, of Edward Jones, with guest speakers Jamie Croland, of The Hartford, and Aubrey Rhodes, of Rhodes Law Firm P.C.; 6:30 p.m., Palazzo's, 231 Furys Ferry Road; dinner included, call (706) 736-6252.
l May 9: Avoiding hiring mistakes, free seminar by Aiken SCORE; 8-9 a.m.; Greater Aiken Chamber of Commerce; R.S.V.P. at (803) 641-1111.
l May 17: Employment law seminar for business owners, human resources managers and supervisory personnel; by the Georgia Department of Labor's Greater Augusta Employer Committee; featuring W. Jonathan Martin II, of Constangy, Brooks & Smith; 8 a.m. to noon; Marion Hatcher Center, 519 Greene St.; contact Carol King-Whisnant at St. Joseph Hospital, (706) 481-7454 or email@example.com.
l May 18: Communications Planning for Nonprofits; Learn communication planning techniques-identifying audiences, conducting research and more; 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., Enterprise Mill Conference Room, Suite 125; $30 members, $40 nonmembers; register at (706) 823-9718 or go to www.gcn.org.
l June 8: Starting a Nonprofit; seminar by Joan Stoddard of the Georgia Center for Nonprofits; 9 a.m. to noon, Enterprise Mill Conference Room, Suite 125; $30 members, $40 nonmembers; register at (706) 823-9718 or go to www.gcn.org.
l June 29: Strengthening Management Information Systems through Technical Decisions; seminar by John Cooper, of the Georgia Center for Nonprofits; 9 a.m. to noon, Enterprise Mill Starch Building Conference Room; $30 members, $40 nonmembers; register at (706) 823-9718 or go to www.gcn.org.
- Free counseling for small-business owners and entrepreneurs, SCORE Associates, a nonprofit volunteer organization, call (706) 793-9998 in Augusta, (803) 641-1111 in Aiken and (803) 279-2323 in North Augusta for an appointment.
- Instructor-led online courses; Augusta State University Education to Go program; call (706) 736-1636 for schedule or go to www.ced.aug.edu and click on "courses."
- Word of Mouth Network, group seeks network of 200 entrepreneurs and businesspeople for a referral network; call Richard Banks (706) 736-5020 for an e-mail providing a concise overview.
- The NoonTime Network-ers, area chapter of Business Network International; 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursdays; Club House on Washington Road.
- The Augusta Network Club, a group of noncompeting business people who have informal meetings; 8 a.m. every other Thursday; no dues; call Charles Scavullo Sr. at (706) 737-9177.
- The Leads at Lunch chapter of Business Networking International meets every Tuesday at 11:30 at T-Bonz Banquet Hall at 2860 Washington Road; noncompeting professionals whose purpose is to exchange business referrals; current opening for a computer repair technician; call Debbie at (706) 364-6612
The Business Calendar is a free public-service listing of The Augusta Chronicle. Fill out our online form at www.augustachronicle.com/business/onthemove.
© 2018. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us