- David Bullington has joined Queensborough National Bank and Trust Company as a mortgage loan officer. He was previously employed by SunTrust Mortgage. The Augusta resident's new responsibilities include residential mortgage lending for clients buying, refinancing and building homes.
- Cliff Eckles has joined Queensborough National Bank and Trust Company as manager of private banking. He was previously employed by SunTrust Bank. The Martinez resident's new responsibilities include providing financial services to professionals and executives.
- Will Caywood has joined SunTrust Mortgage Inc. as a mortgage loan officer. The Augusta native was previously employed by Amerisave Mortgage in Atlanta. His new responsibilities include construction loans, government loans, and general mortgage products for first-time home buyers and refinancers.
- Angela Webber has joined AgSouth Farm Credit as a mortgage originator in the Aiken market. Ms. Webber, who has 19 years experience in the mortgage industry, was previously employed by AgSouth in Columbia.
- Scott Patterson has joined RE/MAX Masters Inc. as real estate sales agent. He was previously employed by Patterson Builders Inc. The Evans resident has more than 20 years experience in the building industry.
- Lesley A. Hamm has been named director of advancement research at the Medical College of Georgia. In this newly created position, Mr. Hamm will coordinate identification of potential MCG donors. Ms. Hamm joined the advancement division in 2005.
- Jamie Findlay, Bryan Rushton, Erin Slade and John Strom have joined Keystone Homes as neighborhood associates.
- Bryan Belton, Rosemary Miles, Michael Bennett, James Marshall and Stephanie Turner have graduated from Basic Juvenile Correctional Officer Training at the Augusta Youth Development Campus.
- Don Hemann, of Johnson Motor Co. of Augusta, has been promoted to pre-owned sales manager of Johnson Motor Co. of Aiken.
- Vickie and Bobby Hawes, of Hawes Allstate Agency, have joined the Greater Augusta Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors.
- Cherry DeVaney, human resources manager for SRP Federal Credit Union, has earned the Senior Professional in Human Resources Certification from the Society of Human Resource Management, the national professional organization. Ms. DeVaney has been with the credit union for almost 22 years.
- Surendra Gupta, a principal of Bechtel Savannah River Co., has been reappointed to the board of directors of the Savannah River Chapter of the Project Management Institute. Mr. Gupta will serve as vice president of programs.
- Yvonne Meeks, SRP Federal Credit Union's business development manager, received the South Carolina Future Business Leaders of America's Businessperson of the Year Award for her work with area high school FBLA Chapters.
- Phyllis Warren, of Meybohm Realtors, has received the Realtor of The Year 2005 from North Augusta/Belvedere Board of Realtors.
- Sandra DeVoe, Anthony Grant, Goldie Randle, Larry Pridemore and Lonnie Gordon have been elected to the board of directors for SRP Federal Credit Union.
- Ben Harrison, John Harlan and Billy Franke, of Sherman and Hemstreet LLC, have received trips for two to the Planters Inn in Charleston, S.C., for achievements in the recurring quarterly listing competition during the first quarter.
- American Concrete Inc. has been awarded the 2005 Quality Control Award by the Georgia Department of Transportation.
- Path Design Build Inc., of Sparta, has joined the Associated Builders and Contractors.
- Peter Shipman, assistant professor and outreach librarian at the Robert B. Greenblatt, M.D. Library at the Medical College of Georgia, has been named a Governor's Teaching Fellow for the 2006 Summer Symposium.
- Mary Ann Ethridge was the top producer from Wachovia Mortgage during February.
- Mark Alison, president of the Alison Group and moderator and researcher for Answers Inc., has received the Expert Professional Researcher designation from the Marketing Research Association.
- The Central Savannah River Council of the Girl Scouts of America elected the following to its board of directors: Shane Claffey, owner, Corporate Mailing; Gary Dean, district superintendent, United Methodist Church; Doris Eitner, retired secretary, city of Augusta; Lt. Col. Michele Godette, professor of military science, Augusta State University and Paine College; Sandra Moore, former board member, Augusta Area Credit Union; John Walker, senior engineer specialist, Bechtel Savannah River Co.; and Jacqueline K. Workman; retired vice president of human resources, Aiken Electric Cooperative; Sudha Ratan, professor, Augusta State University; Laura Beck, instructor, Aiken Technical College; Rick Herring, community relations director, Clear Channel Radio; and Kathy Schofe, public relations director, Augusta State University.
- David Greene was the top residential agent at RE/MAX Augusta in March. Bob Willis was the top commercial agent for the firm during the month.
- Ronald Anderson, Annette Goebelt, Joanie Joe, Tom Horner and Claire Willis, agents for Sherman and Hemstreet/GMAC Real Estate, attended the Terry Watson Seminar for Continuing Education in March.
ON THE MOVE/BIZ BITS IS A FREE PUBLIC-SERVICE LISTING OF THE AUGUSTA CHRONICLE HIGHLIGHTING ACHIEVEMENTS IN THE BUSINESS COMMUNITY. TO SUBMIT TEXT AND A PHOTO, USE OUR ONLINE FORM AT WWW.AUGUSTACHRONICLE.COM/BUSINESS/ONTHEMOVE. SUBMISSIONS MAY BE EDITED.
© 2016. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us