Note: Announcements for participatory events must be written, delivered, mailed or faxed to The Augusta Chronicle, P.O. Box 1928, Augusta, GA 30903-1928, with a return address and phone number. No phone calls are accepted. Fax number: (706) 823-3408. The announcements will be published weekly.
- The Augusta Baseball Officials' Association is recruiting umpires for the 2006 high school season. Classroom and on-field training will be provided. A meeting will be held today at 4 p.m. in the Westside High School gym. For information, call Frank Harast at (706) 210-1412.
- Atlanta Braves pitchers Blaine Boyer, Kyle Davies and Macay McBride and Braves broadcaster Pete Van Wieren will be at Ashley Furniture in Augusta at noon Thursday to meet fans and sign autographs. For information, call Beth Marshall at (404) 614-1336.
- Masters City Little League is holding registration for ages 5-16 on Saturday as well as on February 18, and 25 from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. For information, e-mail Lamd35@aol.com.
- The USSSA Early Bird state and world series qualifier for ages 8-16 will be held at Diamond Lakes Feb. 18-19. For information, call Bob at (706) 595-8136 or Cap at (706) 738-0723.
- A 3-on-3 tournament will be held March 4 at the Harlem Middle School Gym. Teams may have up to four players, and cost is $25 per person. Proceeds will benefit the American Cancer Society. For information, call Andrea Smoak at (705) 556-2135.
- Applications are now being evaluated for the Ten Star All Star Summer Basketball Camp for boys and girls ages 10-19. The camp is by invitation only. For information, call (704) 373-0873.
- The Augusta Boxing Club will present "open to the public" sparring matches. Matches will be held the second Thursday of each month at the Augusta Boxing Club. For information, call Tom Moraetes at 733-7533.
- The Palmetto Dragons semi-professional team will hold its final open tryouts Saturday at the H. Odell Weeks Center in Aiken. Registration will begin at 8:30 a.m., and testing will begin at 10 a.m. The registration fee is $50. For information, go to www.palmettodragons.com.
- The Fore Everyone adaptive free golf clinic are held the second Tuesday of every month from 10 a.m. until noon at First Tee of Augusta. The clinic is designed to work on swing, stance and grip for golfers with disabilities. For more information, call Judie Thompson at (706) 823-8691.
- Augusta area junior golfers ages 11-18 are invited to compete in the Callaway Gardens Junior Classic, Feb. 25-26. The 36-hole tournament is hosted by the Arrowhead Junior Golf Tour. The registration deadline is Feb. 11 at 6 p.m. For information, call (850) 243-6333 or go to www.arrowheadjgt.com.
- The Hayden's Gymnastics Booster Club will host the Masters Classic, a USA Women's Gymnastic Junior Olympic event, today at Hayden's International Gymnastics Academy. Gymnasts from across the Southeast will compete. Cost of admission is $5 for adults and $3 for children. For information, call 868-0608 or go to www.haydensgym.com.
- The Augusta Recreation and Parks Department for West Augusta is having registration for youth baseball and softball Feb. 20-March 3. For information, call 821-2801. The League is also looking for volunteer coaches and umpires. For information, call 821-2800.
- A new water polo league will begin at the Augusta Aquatics Center for ages 15 and up. For information, call George Ivey at (706) 261-0426.
- The Augusta Rugby Football Club will practice Tuesdays and Thursdays 6:30-8:30 p.m. at May Park. For information, call Tony Martin at (803) 292-6278, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The USSSA Men's Early Bird will be held at Diamond Lakes Feb. 18 for classes C+, C, D+, D and E. For information, call Bob at (706) 595-8136 or Cap at (706) 738-0723.
- The USSSA Men's Early Bird II will be held at Sweetwater Park Feb. 25 for men's classes C+, C, D+, D and E. For information, call Bob at (706) 595-8136 or Cap at (706) 738-0723.
© 2017. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us