Note: Announcements for participatory events must be written, delivered, mailed or faxed to The Augusta Chronicle, P.O. Box 1928, Augusta, GA 30903-1928, with a return address and phone number. No phone calls are accepted. Fax number: (706) 823-3408. The announcements will be published weekly.
- A USSSA 12U travel team is looking for quality players who don't turn 13 before May 1, 2006. Tryouts will be held at 2 p.m. today at Riverside Park. For more information, call (706) 267-4066 or (706) 840-1066.
- The CSRA Baseball Umpires Camp will be held Saturday at Westside High School from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. Major League Baseball umpires Marvin Hudson and Fieldin Culbreth are scheduled to attend. The camp will include a GHSA clinic, Dixie certification and USSSA certification. Fee is $60 and includes lunch. For more information, call (706) 564-0051.
- Ripken Baseball will host a coaching clinic for coaches, parents and baseball enthusiasts at Georgia Tech on Saturday. Cost is $99 per person and includes lunch. Group rates are available. The event will begin at 10 a.m. For more information, call (800) 486-0850 or go to www.ripkenbaseball.com.
- The Augusta Baseball Officials' Association is recruiting umpires for the 2006 high school season. Experience is a plus, but not necessary. Classroom and on-field training will be provided. The first meeting will be held at 4 p.m. Jan. 29 in the Westside High School gym. For information, call Frank Harast at (706) 210-1412.
- The 8U Pony's travel team is looking for players. Eligible players must not turn 9 before May 1, 2006. For information, call Raymond Bailey at (803) 593-2982 or (706) 832-3073.
- The 9U Georgia Futures travel team is currently scheduling tryouts for the 2006 season. For information, call Robbie Shearer at (706) 799-5692.
- An established 10U team is looking for one player to complete its 2006 roster. The player must not turn 11 before May 1. For information, call (706) 339-2020.
- The 10-under Georgia Lightning travel team is seeking three players. Eligible players must not turn 11 before May 1. For information, call Shane Haycraft at (478) 625-8810 or (706) 840-4917.
- The Evans Express is holding 11-under player evaluations. Eligible players must not turn 12 before May 1. For information, call Mike Hill at (706) 210-8700.
- The 12-under Grease Lightning travel team is seeking three players. Eligible players must not turn 13 before May 1. For information, call Dean Glover at (706) 868-4530 or Kevin Hunt at (706) 210-0185.
- An 18U travel team is looking for advanced players for the 2006 season. The team will play in tournaments/showcases for the purpose of preparing players for the next level of play. For information, call Tony Mangieri at (706) 554-3134, e-mail at TonyMangieri@aol.com.
- Putt-Putt Predators Travel and Developmental Baseball Program is currently taking applications for tryouts for players 9, 10, 11 and 12 and under travel teams. For information, call Mark Ross at 868-0084, or go to www.eteamz.active.com/PB.
- 5-Tool Baseball is offering individual pitching and hitting lessons from professional instructions, and winter workouts for ages 8-13. For information, call George Blackburn at (706) 364-5282.
- The Boys and Girls Clubs of Augusta Junior NBA league registrations are now being accepted at 1903 Division St. or 747 15th Avenue. Registration is for age groups 8-10, 11-13, and 14-18. League play will begin Feb. 6. Cost is $10 and includes uniform. For information, call (706) 312-2200 or (706) 737-3554.
- The All American Cage Classic Tournament is looking for AAU, YBOA, USSSA travel teams as well as public and private middle schools, junior varsity and varsity basketball programs to participate March 17-19 at the University of South Florida in Tampa, Fla. For information, call David Montgomery at (813) 610-7812 or e-mail email@example.com, or go to www.aacctournaments.com.
- Exposure and showcase basketball camps for boys will be held March 19 in Rock Hill, S.C. (Winthrop), March 25 in Birmingham, Ala. (Birmingham Southern), April 15 in Columbus, Ga. (Columbus State), April 22 in Lakeland, Fla. (Florida Southern), and April 29 in Murfreesboro, Tenn. (Middle Tennessee). For more information, call (478) 452-7990, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or go to www.Southernprephoops.org.
- Applications are now being evaluated for the Ten Star All Star Summer Basketball Camp for boys and girls ages 10-19. The camp is by invitation only. College basketball scholarships are possible for players selected to the All-American team. For more information, call (704) 373-0873.
- The Augusta Boxing Club will present "open to the public" sparring matches. Matches will be held every second Thursday of each month at the Augusta Boxing Club. For information, call Tom Moraetes at 733-7533.
- The Georgia Ragin' Bulls, a United Southern Football League team coming to the CSRA in 2006, will hold tryouts for serious players Saturday at Blanchard Park Field 3 in Martinez. Registration will begin at 8:30 a.m. Preregistration fee is $40. Late registration the day of tryouts will be $60, cash only. For information, Jimmy Cronan at (706) 284-9108, William Owens at (706) 564-8248, or Ronnie Cushman at (706) 414-8332. To pre-register, go to www.leaguelineup.com/raginbullscall.
- The Fore Everyone adaptive free golf clinic are held the second Tuesday of every month from 10 a.m. until noon at First Tee of Augusta. The clinic is designed to work on swing, stance and grip while putting, chipping, and driving for golfers with disabilities. For information, call Judie Thompson at (706) 823-8691.
- Registration for T-ball, girls softball, baseball and pony baseball will be held will be held at Jackson Town Hall on Jan. 28 from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. weekdays, or 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturdays. Deadline is Feb. 3. Umpires are also needed. For more information, call (803) 471-2229.
- A new water polo league will begin at the Augusta Aquatics Center for ages 15 and up. For information, call George Ivey at (706) 261-0426.
- The Augusta Recreation and Parks Department is looking for volunteer coaches for 6- and 7-year-old players and cheerleading at Eisenhower Park and Fleming Complex. Volunteers must be at least 16 years old. Background check required. For more information, call 821-2800 or 821-2801.
- The Columbia County Patriots have a few openings for boys and girls ages 8-14 for select teams for the spring 2006 season. For more information, call (706) 312-7488 or go to www.patriotssoccer.org.
- The 2006 Champion Sports Events Fast Pitch Softball Camp will be held Saturday from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. at Diamond Lakes. Cost is $100 and includes lunch, T-shirt and one-on-one training. All age groups are invited to attend. For more information, call (706) 681-2360.
- The 14U Blast Fast Pitch team is looking for serious players for its 2005-06 team. For information, call Eddie Alexander at 796-8335 or Brad Howell at (803) 663-8895.
- The 14U Georgia Rockers girls fastpitch team is currently looking for one catcher and one other position player to fill out its roster for the 2006 season. For more information, call Tom Tracy at (706) 860-1917 or Darrell Hampson at (706) 868-8546.
- The 16 and under Augusta Flash Girls Fast-Pitch travel team will be playing A class ball in 2006 and are looking for experienced, dedicated players. An 18-under college exposure age group will be added for 2006 For information, call Jeff Towe at (706) 868-8485 or Casey Lemon at (706) 796-7026.
- A new area 18U fastpitch team will be having tryouts for all positions for the 2006 season. Girls ages 15-17 are invited to try out. For information, call David Collins at 951-3630.
- The Love Doubles League is a new, semi-competitive league based on individual round robin. Players draw a number before the match, and based on the number is assigned a partner, court and opponents. Players may end up playing with or against teammates. At the end of three rounds, the player with the most points wins. For information, call Mary Sicard at (706) 737-6546.
- A mandatory meeting for boys in grades 7-12 who are interested in playing tennis at North Augusta High School will be held at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday in room 417 at North Augusta High School. At least one parent or guardian must attend. For information, call Betsy Luquire at (803) 442-6100.
© 2016. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us