As young buckaroos had fun outside the Augusta-Richmond County Civic Center on Saturday afternoon, officials whittled down the number of contestants for a $10,000 scholarship.
Thirty-two children, ages 9 to 12, were selected from 64 contestants in Saturday's Augusta Chronicle Make Kids Count scholarship drawing.
The 32 children selected Saturday are:
- Tessa Adams, North Augusta, 10
- Windie Adams, Augusta, 11
- Dane Anderson Jr., North Augusta, 12
- Kimberly Barnes, North Augusta, 11
- Krista Brantley, Martinez, 11
- Kendra Brown, Augusta, 11
- Amber Butler, North Augusta, 10
- Cody Christie, Edgefield, 11
- Darien Churchville, Evans, 12
- August Congleton, Martinez, 9
- Steven Crain II, Hephzibah, 9
- Grant Dekle, Augusta, 9
- Will Doss, Augusta, 10
- Donald Dunagan, Martinez, 11
- Keinan Dunn, Augusta, 10
- Michael Frady, Augusta, 11
- Mary Gantz, Augusta, 10
- Nathan Garner, Williston, 10
- Dallas Golden, Augusta, 12
- Victoria Hinson, Martinez, 11
- TraVell Hawes, Evans, 12
- Tanner Hight, Evans, 10
- Nicholas Johnson, Augusta, 11
- Rashaud Lee, Augusta, 11
- Ariel Lightfoot, Augusta, 9
- Jared Lopez, Augusta, 12
- Alan Matthews, Hephzibah, 10
- Madeline Myers, North Augusta, 11
- Evan Roberson, North Augusta, 9
- Connor Shull, North Augusta, 11
- Demarcus Vaughn, Augusta, 10
- Rasmy Warthen, Augusta, 10.
The 32 contestants will be notified by mail of the next drawing, said Erin Lively, who coordinates the program. Sixteen children will be selected in the next round, and all will receive a $100 savings bond. To date, The Chronicle has given more than $200,000 to 160 children.
Reach Jeremy Craig at (706) 823-3409 or email@example.com.
© 2017. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us