What's open today?
The answer: very little.
Most stores will be closed today to allow employees to celebrate Christmas with their families.
The Augusta Chronicle called the major grocery store chains in the area Saturday to inquire about Christmas Day hours; all of them said they will be closed today. The same applies to area Wal-Mart, Kmart and Target stores.
But if you absolutely want to - or need to - purchase something today, drug stores will be your best bet besides gasoline stations and convenience stores.
Here are the drug stores that will be open today:
- 3900 Washington Road, Martinez, 24 hours
- 4470 Columbia Road, Martinez, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- 672 Furys Ferry Road, Martinez, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- 3204 Peach Orchard Road, Augusta, 24 hours
- 1520 Walton Way, Augusta, 24 hours
- 2902 Peach Orchard Road, 24 hours
- 4385 Hereford Farm Road, Evans, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- 101 Edgefield Road, North Augusta, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- 3650 Wheeler Road, Augusta, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Most restaurants will be closed, but here are a few that will be open today:
- Waffle House locations
- Huddle House locations
- IHOP, 2525 Washington Road, will close at 1 p.m.
The following restaurants will be open for special meals, but reservations are required, and most are full:
- Augustino's, 2 10th St., 823-6521, brunch from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. and a dinner buffet from 5:30 to 9:30 p.m.
- Augusta Towers Hotel and Convention Center, 855-8100, brunch from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- The Partridge Inn, 2110 Walton Way, 737-8888, brunch 10:45 a.m. to 3:15 p.m. Reservations full from noon to 2 p.m.
Area movie theaters will be open today.
© 2017. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us