Weight-loss tips help resolutions
According to weight-loss and health expert laurie bell, the author of lose the lies, lose the weight: the ultimate guide to permanent weight loss, the vast majority of those who make a New Year's resolution to lose weight fall off the wagon before the end of January.
To help combat those numbers, she gives five weight loss tips for 2006:
- Visualize your ideal self. Cut pictures out of health and fitness magazines. Add your face to the fit person's body.
- Keep a food journal. You might think you don't eat that much, but you probably consume more than you think.
- Eat like a champion. Athletes eat lots of fruits, vegetables, rice and whole-grain foods to maintain their energy level.
- Reverse your thinking about "goodies." You want to get fit, yet you continue fantasizing about high-calorie, low-quality foods. That doesn't work.
- Give yourself the gift of health. Join a health club. Buy a treadmill. Pamper yourself by purchasing sessions with a personal trainer.
TODAY'S BIRTHDAYS: Singer John Edwards of The Spinners is 61. Singer Jimmy Buffett is 59. Country singer Barbara Mandrell is 57. Actress Sissy Spacek is 56. Singer Annie Lennox is 51. Guitarist Robin Campbell of UB40 is 51. Singer Shane MacGowan (The Popes, The Pogues) is 48. Actress Klea Scott (Robbery Homicide Division) is 37. Guitarist Noel Hogan of The Cranberries is 34. Singer Dido is 34. Singer Mac Powell of Third Day is 33. Country singer Alecia Elliott is 23.
Contact Lifestyles Editor Erica C. Cline at: 828-2946 or erica.cline@augusta chronicle.com.
© 2016. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us