LOS ANGELES - CBS has ordered more editions of "Survivor" for next season but it remains uncertain whether host Jeff Probst will stay with the reality series.
The network said Tuesday it will air the 13th and 14th versions of "Survivor" in the 2006-07 season. The contract with Probst, who has been with the show since it started in summer 2000, extends through the "Survivor" now in production.
That 12th version, being filmed at an undisclosed location, will be broadcast next spring. "Survivor: Guatemala" is currently airing.
Probst, 43, told People magazine last month that he is mulling renewal of his "Survivor" contract.
"There's the inevitable point where you go, 'Do I want to do other things?'" he says. "But... I'll never have as good a job as 'Survivor.'"
Negotiations on a new contract have yet to begin.
The show from executive producer Mark Burnett remains a consistent top 10 ratings performer and a key part of the Thursday night lineup, CBS Entertainment President Nina Tassler said.