Note: Announcements for participatory events must be written, delivered, mailed or faxed to The Augusta Chronicle, P.O. Box 1928, Augusta, GA 30903-1928, with a return address and phone number. No phone calls are accepted. Fax number: (706) 823-3408.
- Tryout camp for placement in independent and international baseball leagues will be held at 11 a.m. Sunday at Georgia Perimeter College. Players who played college or minor league baseball in 2005 can attend. For more information, call (404) 869-7966 or go to www.eteamz.com/tryoutcamp.
- The USSSA Turkey Fest for ages 9-16 and under will be held Nov. 19-20 at Diamond Lakes. For more information, call Cap at 738-0723 or Bob at 595-8136.
- The Columbia County Recreation Department will hold basketball registration through Nov. 19 for 6- to 15-year-old boys and 6- to 13-year-old girls. Hours are 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, and 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 19. For more information, call 863-7523. Registration forms are available at www.columbiacountyga.gov.
- The Thomson-McDuffie Recreation Department will host the 2005 Commissioners Cup at Sweetwater Park Nov. 19-20. The tournament is open to 10U and 12U youth football teams. Each tournament is limited to eight teams. For more information, call Monte Ashcraft at (706) 595-2152.
- The Fore Everyone adaptive free golf clinic is held the second Tuesday of every month from 10 a.m. until noon at First Tee of Augusta. The clinic is designed to work on swing, stance and grip while putting, chipping, and driving for golfers with disabilities. For more information, call Judie Thompson at (706) 823-8691.
- A girls lacrosse under-19 team is being formed for Aiken, Richmond and Columbia counties for the spring season. No experience or equipment is required. A free clinic will be held every Saturday in Evans from 9 to 10:30 a.m. at the recreation field behind Kroger on North Belair Road. For more information, call 733-4271, 854-1908, or 855-1364.
- Boys under-19 lacrosse in Aiken, Columbia and Richmond counties is being offered for its established Under-19 and Lakeside teams. Practice is being held at 9 a.m. until noon Saturdays at Evans recreation field behind Kroger on North Belair Road. Equipment is supplied for practice. For more information, call 733-4271, 854-1908, or 855-1364.
- The Richmond County Recreation and Parks Department is holding registration through Nov. 30 for basketball and volleyball leagues. A $100 deposit must be received no later than Nov. 30.
- The ninth annual Magnolia Springs Cross Country Race will be held Saturday at Magnolia Springs State Park, near Millen, Ga. Late registration and packet pickup will begin at 7 a.m., followed by the 4.8-mile race at 9 a.m., and a 1-mile fun run at 9:45 a.m. Entry fee costs $15 for the cross country race and $8 for the fun run. For three or more family members participating in the cross country race, the fee is $35. Online registration is available at www.active.com. For more information, call (478) 982-4881.
- USSSA Sunday One Pitch will be held at Sweetwater Park, Sunday, Nov. 13, 20, and Dec. 4, 11, and 18. Tournament will begin at 1:30 p.m. For more information, call Bob at 595-8136 or Cap at 738-0723.
© 2016. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us