Note: Announcements for participatory events must be written, delivered, mailed or faxed to The Augusta Chronicle, P.O. Box 1928, Augusta, GA 30903-1928, with a return address and phone number. No phone calls are accepted. Fax number: (706) 823-3408. The announcements will be published weekly.
- The fifth annual College Basketball Pre-Season Tip-Off luncheon will be held Oct. 6 at the Radisson Riverfront Hotel Augusta, beginning at noon. University of North Carolina head coach Roy Williams will be the keynote speaker. Retired Clemson and Virginia Tech head coach Bill Foster will be presented with the Bobby Roberts Lifetime Achievement Award. Tickets to the Tip-Off are $25 for GASC members and $35 for non-members, and are available through the Greater Augusta Sports Council. For more information, call (706) 722-8326 ext. 3.
- A girls lacrosse under-19 team is being formed for Aiken, Richmond and Columbia counties for the spring season. No experience or equipment is required. A free clinic will be held every Saturday in Evans from 9 to 10:30 a.m. at the recreation field behind Kroger on North Belair Road. For more information, call 733-4271, 854-1908, or 855-1364.
- Boys under-19 lacrosse in Aiken, Columbia and Richmond couties is being offered for its established Under-19 and Lakeside teams. Practice is being held Saturdays from 9 a.m. until noon at Evans recreation field behind Kroger on North Belair Road. Equipment is supplied for practice. For more information, call 733-4271, 854-1908, or 855-1364.
- The Boy Scouts of America will host "Skeet-R-Done," a fundraising skeet/trap shoot competition, Oct. 15 from 11 a.m. until 6 p.m. at Pinetucky Skeet and Trap Club. Proceeds will be used to build the Knox Scout Reservation at Clarks Hill Lake. Donations of beverages, ammo, clayus or auction items for the event will be appreciated. For more information, call Reggie Shannon at (706) 855-7286.
- The Aiken Ice, a U15 boys soccer team, is looking for dedicated, quality players. For more information, call Steve Bloedel at 863-8722.