Note: Announcements for participatory events must be written, delivered, mailed or faxed to The Augusta Chronicle, P.O. Box 1928, Augusta, GA 30903-1928, with a return address and phone number. No phone calls are accepted. Fax number: (706) 823-3408. The announcements will be published weekly.
- Masters City Little League will play host to a tournament Friday-Sunday for ages 12 and under, and Nov. 4-6 for ages 10 and under. Cost is $300 per team. High School tournaments will be held Sept. 30-Oct. 2, and Nov. 4-6 for ages 18 and under. Cost for both tournaments will be $350 per team. For more information, call Bill Lariscy at 796-5245.
- USSSA Tournaments for ages 9-15 will be held Sept. 30-Oct. 2 and Oct. 28-30 at Citizen's Park. For more information, call Dale Roberts at (803) 642-6381 or go to www.eteamz.actice.com/AtomicCitySports.
- The South Eastern Baseball Showcase will be held at Luther Williams Field in Macon, Ga., Oct. 9 at 11 a.m. for the high school classes of 2006 and 2007. For more information, call (404) 869-7966 or go to www.angelfire.com/sports/showcase.
- The USSSA Monster Mash for ages 9-16 and under will be held Oct. 22-23 at Diamond Lakes. Entry deadline is Oct. 18. For more information, call Cap at 738-0723 or Bob at 595-8136.
- The USSSA Turkey Fest for ages 9-16 and under will be held Nov. 19-20 at Diamond Lakes. For more information, call Cap at 738-0723 or Bob at 595-8136.
- The Evans Express is holding 11 and under player evaluations for the 2005-2006 season. Eligible players must not turn 12 before May 1, 2006. For more information, call Coach Mike Hill at (706) 210-8700.
- Tryouts for tournament baseball are being held for players who will be 12 or under by April 30, 2006. For more information, call Duane at (706) 284-9149.
- A local 12 and under baseball team is looking for three new players. For more information, call Robert at 840-1066.
- The Georgia Stallions Club is looking for players for the 2006 season. The Stallions are an 18 and under traveling baseball team based in Swainsboro, Ga., which competes in local and regional sanctioned tournaments. Players must not turn 19 before August 1, 2006. For more information, call Coach Mangieri at (706) 554-3134, email at TonyMangieri@aol.com, or visit www.eteamz.com/gastallions.
- Putt-Putt Predators Travel and Developmental Baseball Program is currently taking applications for tryouts for players 9, 10, 11 and 12 and under travel teams. For more information, call Mark Ross at 868-0084, or go to www.eteamz.active.com/PB.
- The East Tennessee Basketball Coaches Clinic will be held Saturday at Oak Ridge High School in Oak Ridge, Tenn. The speaker will be Hall of Fame Coach Dean Smith. For more information, call Ricky Norris at (865) 425-9528 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The 2005 Georgia Regional Adidas Jr. Phenom Camp will be held Oct. 1-2 for 5th-8th grade boys in Atlanta. Cost is $195 per camper. For more information, go to www.Southernbasketballchallenge.com.
- Southern Prep Hoops One-Day NCAA-sanctioned Girls Exposure Basketball Camp will be held Oct. 1 at Clayton State University. The camp will provide instruction, competition, educational information, and exposure. For more information, call (478) 452-7990, e-mail email@example.com, or go to www.southernprephoops.org.
- The fifth annual College Basketball Pre-Season Tip-Off luncheon will be held Oct. 6 at the Radisson Riverfront Hotel Augusta, beginning at noon. University of North Carolina head coach Roy Williams will be the keynote speaker. Retired Clemson and Virginia Tech head coach Bill Foster will be presented with the Bobby Roberts Lifetime Achievement Award. Tickets to the Tip-Off are $25 for GASC members and $35 for non-members, and are available through the Greater Augusta Sports Council. For more information, call (706) 722-8326 ext. 3.
- The Glenn Hills Athletic Department will sponsor a fundraiser basketball game Dept. 24 at 6 p.m. in the Glenn Hills Gymnasium. The game will feature Lester "Peter Rabbit" Paige and the "Minitrotters" Midget Basketball Team against the CSRA Dream Team. Tickets will be $5 in advance and $7 and the door. Proceeds will benefit victims of Hurricane Katrina. For more information, call Coach J. Quarles at 831-7010, 736-5184, 796-4924 ext. 179.
- The Augusta Boxing Club will present monthly "open to public" sparring matches from 5:30-7:30 p.m. on the last Tuesday of each month. August sparring will be held Aug. 30. Matches are free to the public to observe, and feature members of the club's intermediate and beginner's classes. Boxers must arrive at the gym at 5 p.m. For more information, call Tom Moraetes at 733-7533.
- The 17th Annual Industry Appreciation Golf Classic, sponsored by Aiken Electric Cooperative, Inc., will be held Monday at Woodside Plantation. Registration will begin at 11:30 a.m. with a luncheon and putting competition. The tournament will begin with a shotgun start at 1 p.m. A cocktail and awards reception will follow the tournament will be held after the tournament. For more information, call (803) 641-1111.
- The 2nd Annual Guardian Cup will be held Sept. 30 at Jones Creek. Format will be a traditional Lauderdale. Tournament fee will be $70 per person, and includes green fees, cart rental, range balls, beverages, awards dinner and prize money. Proceeds will benefit Augusta Safe Homes. Deadline for entry fee is Sept. 23. For more information, call (706) 868-1298 or go to www.rhodesfs.com/guardian
- The Augusta Prep Golf Classic will be Oct. 3 at West Lake, with a 1 p.m. shotgun start. Cost is $400 per four-man team, including lunch and golf shirt. For more information, call Siobhan Carlile at (706) 863-1906 ext. 214 by Sept. 26.
- The Waynesboro Country Club will host at 27-hole, 4-Man Scramble Oct. 9, beginning with a shotgun start at 9 a.m. Cost is $220 per team and includes 27 holes and lunch. The field is limited to the first 24 teams. For more information, call (706) 554-2262.
- The 12th Annual Bert Yancey Memorial Golf Tournament will be held Oct. 10 at the River Golf Club in North Augusta. The tournament will be four-man lauderdale format, and proceeds will benefit the Mental Health Association of Greater Augusta, and local affiliates of the National Alliance for the Mentally Ill and the Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance.
For more information, call Phylis Holliday at 736-6857 or go to www.bertyanceytournament.org.
call Joe Mullins at 860-9288.