Note: Announcements for participatory events must be written, delivered, mailed or faxed to The Augusta Chronicle, P.O. Box 1928, Augusta, GA 30903-1928, with a return address and phone number. No phone calls are accepted. Fax number: (706) 823-3408. The announcements will be published weekly.
- The Grease Lightening 12 and under traveling team will hold tryouts Aug. 28 for the 2005-2006 season. Players must not turn 13 before May 1, 2006. For more information, call Dean Glover at (706) 868-4530 or Kevin Hunt at (706) 210-0185.
- Registration for this fall's Pete Meadows Baseball Program runs through Aug. 28. The clinic will be at Putt-Putt Golf & Games in Martinez. For more information, call 863-4979.
- The USSSA East Georgia Fall Classic for ages 9-16 and under will be held Sept. 17-18 at Diamond Lakes. Entry deadline is Sept. 13. For more information, call Cap at 738-0723 or Bob at 595-8136.
- The East Tennessee Basketball Coaches Clinic will be held Sept. 24 at Oak Ridge High School in Oak Ridge, Tenn. Speaker will be Hall of Fame Coach Dean Smith. For more information, call Ricky Norris at (865) 425-9528 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The 2005 Georgia Regional Adidas Jr. Phenom Camp will be held Oct. 1-2 for 5th-8th grade boys in Atlanta. Cost is $195 per camper. For more information, go to www.Southernbasketballchallenge.com.
- The Augusta Boxing Club will present monthly "open to public" sparring matches from 5:30-7:30 p.m. on the last Thursday of each month. Matches are free to the public to observe, and feature members of the club's intermediate and beginner's classes. Boxers must arrive at the gym at 5 p.m. For more information, call Tom Moraetes at 733-7533.
- An adult tailgate party will be held the on the Richmond Academy football field before the Aquinas/Richmond Academy game Friday. Alumni of Mt. St. Joseph, Boys Catholic High, Aquinas, and Richmond County, classes 1940-1975, are invited to attend. The party will be held from 5-7 p.m., with kickoff for the game beginning at 7:30 p.m. For more information, or to RSVP, e-mail Patti Williams by Aug. 20 at email@example.com, or call Aquinas High School at 736-5516.
- The 2005 Atlanta Falcons Kickoff Luncheon will be held in Atlanta on Aug. 31. Individual seats will be $45 per ticket. A table for nine will be $450 per table, and includes a coach or Falcons player for the first 80 buyers, 10 seats per table after 80 orders. Proceeds will benefit the Atlanta Falcons Youth Foundation. For more information, call (770) 965-2705.
- A golf tournament sponsored by the Harlem High School cheerleaders will be held at Gordon Lakes Friday. The four-man team event will begin with a shot gun start at 12:30 p.m. Cost is $50 per person. For more information, call Stephanie Lewis at 869-7898.
- The 10th Annual John de la Howe School Open Tournament will be held Saturday at Savannah Lakes Village Monticello course. The captain's choice, team handicap tournament will begin with a shotgun start at 1 p.m., and the field will be limited to 30 teams. Registration will begin at noon. Registration fee is $60 per player. Proceeds will benefit children in care at the John de la Howe School, South Carolina's Home for Children. For more information, call Tammy Hill at (864) 391-2131 ext. 124.
- The 18th Annual United Way Golf Tournament will be held Aug. 29 at Woodside Plantation. Registration will begin at 9 a.m., and a shotgun start will be at 12:30 p.m. Cost is $400 per foursome, and includes lunch, dinner, a welcome bag and on-course refreshments. Format will be captains choice, gross and net divisions. For more information, call Charlie Snead at (803) 952-7543.
- The 12th annual Border Bash Tournament will be Sept. 9 at River Club with 8 a.m. and 1 p.m. shotgun starts. Entry fee is $340 per team, limited to 50 teams. Entry forms can be picked up at River Club; Tudor's Cleaners, 363 Furys Ferry Road; or Ivan Allen, 3021 River Watch Parkway.
- The 22nd annual Masters City Golf Association Classic Tournament will be Sept. 16-18 at Forest Hills. Flights will be determined after 36 holes of stroke play. Entry fee is $125, including practice round. Option Florida Ball is $50. For more information, contact Climent Gardner, 798-5798.
- The 17th Annual Industry Appreciation Golf Classic, sponsored by Aiken Electric Cooperative, Inc., will be held Sept. 19 at Woodside Plantation. Registration will begin at 11:30 a.m. with a luncheon and putting competition. The tournament will begin with a shotgun start at 1 p.m. A cocktail and awards reception will follow the tournament will be held after the tournament. For more information, call (803) 641-1111.
- The 12th Annual Bert Yancey Memorial Golf Tournament will be held Oct. 10 at River Club. The tournament will be four-man lauderdale format, and proceeds will benefit the Mental Health Association of Greater Augusta, and local affiliates of the National Alliance for the Mentally Ill and the Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance. For more information, call Phylis Holliday at 736-6857 or go to www.bertyanceytournament.org.
- The 2005 Georgia Golden Olympics will be held in Warner Robins Sept. 28-Oct. 1. Men and women over 50 are invited to participate. A T-shirt, admission for dinner, lunch and Saturday, and medals for first, second and third place winners will be provided. For more information, call Sandra Johnson at (770) 794-5603, Lola Frost at (478), or write to GGO, P.O. Box 958, Winder, Ga., 30680.
- The Boy Scouts of America will host "Skeet-R-Done," a fundraising skeet/trap shoot competition, Oct. 15 from 11 a.m. until 6 p.m. at Pinetucky Skeet and Trap Club. Proceeds will be used to build the Knox Scout Reservation at Clarks Hill Lake. Donations of beverages, ammo, clayus or auction items for the event will be appreciated. For more information, call Reggie Shannon at (706) 855-7286 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Richmond County Recreation and Parks Department is holding registration for fall softball, kickball, and flag football. For more information, call Lida Gregg at 796-5025.
- The Aiken Ice, a U15 boys soccer team, is looking for dedicated, quality players. For more information, call Steve Bloedel at 863-8722.
- The Aiken County Parks, Recreation and Tourism Department will hold Fall registration through Sept. 2 at Harrison-Caver Park. League age groups are 4-6, 7-8, 9-10, 11-12. League fee is $45 per child. Birth certificate must be shown during registration. For more information, call (803) 593-4698.
- The USSSA Men's Summer Heat will be held Aug. 28 at Sweetwater Park. For more information, call Cap at 738-0723 or Bob at 595-8136.
- The USSSA Men's 35 and over State Tournament will be held Sept. 10 at Sweetwater Park. For more information, call Cap at 738-0723 or Bob at 595-8136.
- The USSSA Men's 40 and over state tournament will be held Sept. 17 at Sweetwater Park. For more information, call Cap at 738-0723 or Bob at 595-8136.
- The East Georgia Men's Fall State USSSA Tournament will be held Sept. 24 at Sweetwater Park. For more information, call Cap at 738-0723 or Bob at 595-8136.
- ISA one-day tournaments will be held Sept. 3, Oct. 1 and Oct. 29 at Diamond Lakes. Fast-pitch entry fee $220; slow-pitch fee is $175. For more information, call Carlos Butler at (404) 392-1537 or email@example.com.
- The Harlem Lions Club Fall Classic Men's Open Tournament will be held Oct. 8 at Harlem City Park. Cost is $130 per team. A hit your own ball equalizer rule will be in effect. Bats must be stamped and approved. For more information, call Robert Knight at 556-6104 or 830-2360.
- Swim Lessons are available mornings and evenings for all ages at the Augusta Aquatics Center. For more information, call (706) 261-0424.
- USTA Fall Registration for adult and senior leagues is underway. Fall season will begin around Sept. 12. For more information, call (706) 738-3149 or go to www.csratennis.com.
- The CSRA Junior Tennis League will have open registration for fall team tennis through Sept. 4. Ages 8-18 are welcome to register. League fee is $20 plus a $2 TennisLink fee. All matches will be played on Sundays at 2 p.m. For more information, call Mark A. O'Neal at (706) 210-4930 or go to www.csratennis.com.
- The 2005 Banana Open Tennis Tournament will be held Sept. 8-11 at Petersburg Racquet Club. Players will compete for the opportunity to qualify for the Banana Open Challenge in Hilton Head, Oct. 7-9. Divisions are men's and women's singles and doubles, and mixed doubles from 2.5 to open divisions. Cost is $30 for the first event, $15 for the second. Entry deadline is Sept. 4 at 6 p.m. For more information, call the Petersburg Racquet Club at (706) 860-9288.
- The CSRA Professional Tennis Association is sponsoring a novice tennis league for beginning adult players. The six-week league will be held Sunday evenings at 6 p.m., beginning Sept. 18. Formats will be co-ed singles and doubles. Fee is $10, which covers balls, facility fees, and refreshments for each match. For more information, call David Robinson (Newman Tennis Center) at 821-1600, Betty Jones (Fleming Tennis Center) at 796-5046, or Craig Jones (Petersburg Racquet Club) at 860-9288.
© 2016. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us