- Tuesday: Free Identity Theft Seminar by Health Center Credit Union; Identity theft, what is it and how do you protect yourself?; 5-6 p.m., MCG Auditoria building; R.S.V.P. by phone or online: 721-2040 or at www.hccu.coop.
- Wednesday: QuickBooks Pro 2005, seminar by Michelle Bennett and Angela Mantlow, Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisors; 8:15 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Serotta Maddocks Evans & Co. CPAs; $98 per person, includes continental breakfast and lunch; call Melissa Canady at 722-5337 for directions and reservation guarantee or visit www.smecpa.com.
- Thursday: Augusta Metro of Commerce Summer Membership Luncheon; U.S. Rep. Charlie Norwood scheduled as keynote speaker. 11 a.m., Augusta Towers & Convention Center, 2651 Perimeter Parkway; $20 for individuals; $180 for 10-seat corporate table; call Allison Hopkins at 821-1324.
l Thursday: Better Business Image Expo; national and local vendors will showcase the latest in employee uniforms, logo attire, financial services, supplemental insurance, marketing, printing and more. Information for business owners, managers and human resources specialists; 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., Belair Conference Center, behind the Wingate Inn off Interstate 20; free, contact Mark Owens at 860-3220.
- Aug. 31: North Augusta Chamber of Commerce A.M. Connection; speaker Dr. Peggy Torey, South Carolina Department of Commerce associate vice president of education policy: topic is No Child Left Behind ... Really! How the Education and Economic Development Act meets South Carolina's Educational Challenges; 7-8:30 a.m.; North Augusta Community Center. Tickets are $8, $10 at the door; call 279-2323.
- Aug. 31: Radio Frequency Identification Implementation for Department of Defense Suppliers; learn the Defense Department's new method to track and manage its supplies; 9-11 a.m.; Georgia Tech's Procurement Assistance Center, 1054 Claussen Road, Suite 301; attendees are urged to register now at www.gtpac.org; space is limited; for more information call 729-2076.
- Sept. 7: Augusta Metro Chamber's Fort Gordon Newcomer Event, vendor event for service members and families new to the Augusta area; 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Gordon Club; display tables provided for $25; businesses interested in participating can contact Janna Crane at JCrane@AugustaGaUsa.com or by calling 821-1315.
- Sept. 8: Greater Augusta Chapter of Legal Nurse Consultants meeting; Lessie Chapman will speak on life care planning; 5 p.m., Gibbs Memorial Library, 326 N. Belair Road; call Johnnie Kelly at 790-5662.
- Sept. 12: SuCCess Columbia County Style, Columbia County Chamber of Commerce after-hours networking event; GIW Industries, 5000 Wrightsboro Road, Grovetown; 5 p.m.; chamber members free; nonmembers $10; call 651-0018.
- Sept. 13: Talbert & Moore Financial Group, open house for new location and client appreciation event; 4-7 p.m.; 802 E. Martintown Road.
- Sept. 16: Georgia Association of Public Accountants seminar, The Real World of Financial Statements - Income Tax Basis; 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.; Peter S. Knox Conference Center, 325 Greene St.; $175 for association members, $225 for nonmembers; includes breakfast and lunch; for more information contact Jerry Brigham & Associates at (706) 650-1700.
- Sept. 22: North Augusta Chamber Business Expo & Job Fair; 3-7 p.m.; North Augusta Community Center; sponsorships and tabletops available; call the chamber for more information.
- Sept. 30: North Augusta Chamber Business After Hours; 5-9 p.m., Georgia Golf Hall of Fame and Botanical Gardens; includes children's activities, entertainment and refreshments; free for members and their families.
- Nov. 11: Augusta Metro Chamber of Commerce 2005 Women In Business Signature Event; guest speaker Carolyn Kepcher, executive vice president of the Trump Organization; 6:30 p.m.; Radisson Riverfront Hotel Augusta; 10-seat corporate table $450, individuals $50 for members and $60 for nonmembers; contact Allison Hopkins at 821-1324 or email@example.com.
- Nov. 15: Augusta Metro Chamber of Commerce Small Business Expo & Small Business Person of the Year Awards Luncheon; 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. for luncheon; expo lasts until 8 p.m., Radisson Riverfront Hotel Augusta; corporate tables $180, booths are available for $150, includes ticket to the awards luncheon and Business After Hours; luncheon-only tickets $20; Business After Hours tickets only $12; contact Allison Hopkins at 821-1324 or ahopkins@augusta gausa.com.
- Free help for small-business owners and entrepreneurs, Service Corps of Retired Executives, a nonprofit volunteer counseling organization, call (706) 793-9998 in Augusta or (803) 641-1111 in Aiken.
- Preparation course for PHR/SPHR human resources certification; Augusta-Aiken Society for Human Resource Management; $25 members, $50 nonmembers; Augusta State University; contact Dalton Brannen at (706) 667-4524 or visit www.augusta-aikenshrm.org.
- Instructor-led online courses; Augusta State University Education to Go program; call 736-1636 for schedule or go to www.ced.aug.edu and click on "courses."
- Software training for Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office and other applications; daytime and evening classes offered Monday through Saturday; Computer Link, (706) 860-8313, 596 Bobby Jones Expressway.
- Microsoft Office User Specialist tests; MCSE, A+, N+, and I-NET+; Kerr Business College; call Shannon Thomas at (706) 738-5046.
- The NoonTime Network-ers, area chapter of Business Network International; 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursdays; Club House on Washington Road.
- The Augusta Network Club, a group of noncompeting business people who have informal meetings; 8 a.m. every other Thursday; no dues; call Charles Scavullo Sr. at (706) 737-9177.
- The Leads at Lunch chapter of Business Networking International meets every Tuesday at 11:30 at T-Bonz Banquet Hall at 2860 Washington Road; noncompeting professionals whose purpose is to exchange business referrals; call Debbie at 364-6612
- The Referrals at Breakfast meeting of Business Network International, every Thursday at 7 a.m. at the Marriott Courtyard on Stevens Creek Road; call Wesley Ott at (706) 832-2848.
- Augusta Residential Network Club, group of noncompeting business people who deal with residential customers on a daily basis, 8 a.m. every other Thursday; no dues; call Heath Jefferson at (706) 267-2228.
- The Entrepreneur's Source, an international network of self-employment coaches who work with individuals and companies looking for opportunities for business ownership and expansion; call Angela Payne at 868-9420.
- Foreign Accent and Southern Accent Reduction; classes for improving business and professional skills; Snyder Speech Therapy Services; to register, call (706) 860-9385.
- Seminar on construction management; learn the process and potential risks before hiring a contractor for commercial construction project; PCM Construction Consultants; (706) 373-0585.
- Keller Williams Realty; personalized sessions for anyone considering a real estate career; The Atrium, 3633 Wheeler Road; call (706) 868-3772.
The business calendar is a free public-service listing of the Augusta Chronicle. We should receive typewritten information by noon Tuesday. Please send items to The Augusta Chronicle, C/O Damon Cline, Newsroom, P.O. Box 1928, Augusta, Ga 30903; or bring them to the news building at 725 Broad St.; send a fax to (706) 722-7403; or e-mail damon.cline@firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2017. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us