Note: Announcements for participatory events must be written, delivered, mailed or faxed to The Augusta Chronicle, P.O. Box 1928, Augusta, GA 30903-1928, with a return address and phone number. No phone calls are accepted. Fax number: (706) 823-3408. The announcements will be published weekly.
- Putt Putt Golf and Games is holding one-day pitching clinic at Chancey's Hit Factory on Aug. 13 and 20 from 9 a.m. until 2:30 p.m. The clinic is for 11 and under and their parents. Fee is $75 per session. For more information, call 863-4979 or 868-0084.
- The East Georgia Thrashers 9U baseball team is looking for players. The 10U travel team will hold tryouts for current and new players today from 3-5 p.m. at Patriots Park. Players may not turn 11 on or before May 1. Call Gary Webb at (706) 836-2572 or Burt Harrison at (706) 533-0207, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for tryouts and information.
- The South Eastern Baseball Showcase will be held at Luther Williams Field in Macon, Ga., Oct. 9 at 11 a.m. for the high school classes of 2006 and 2007. For more information, call (404) 869-7966 or go to www.angelfire.com/sports/showcase.
- The Evans Express baseball team is holding 11 and under player evaluations for the 2005-2006 season. Eligible players must not turn 12 before May 1, 2006. For more information, call coach Mike Hill at (706) 210-8700.
- Tryouts for tournament baseball are being held for players who will be 12 or under by April 30, 2006. For more information, call Duane at (706) 284-9149.
- A local 12 and under baseball team is looking for three new players. For more information, call Robert at 840-1066.
- The Georgia Stallions Baseball Club is looking for players for the 2006 season. The Stallions are an 18 and under traveling baseball team based in Swainsboro, which competes in local and regional sanctioned tournaments. Players must not turn 19 before August 1, 2006. For more information, call coach Mangieri at (706) 554-3134, e-mail at TonyMangieri@aol.com, or visit www.eteamz.com/gastallions.
- Pendleton Baseball is looking players 10 years old and up for fall baseball teams. For more information, call George Blackburn at (803) 270-0362.
- The 2005 Georgia Regional Adidas Jr. Phenom Camp will be held Oct. 1-2 for fifth through eighth grade boys in Atlanta, Ga. Cost is $195 per camper. For more information, call (678) 933-6062, (678) 777-1461, go to www.Southernbasketballchallenge.com, or e-mail info@southern basketballchallenge.com.
- The 2005 Atlanta Falcons Kickoff Luncheon will be held in Atlanta on Aug. 31. Individual seats will be $45 per ticket. A table for nine will be $450 per table, and includes a coach or Falcons player for the first 80 buyers, 10 seats per table after 80 orders. Proceeds will benefit the Atlanta Falcons Youth Foundation. For more information, call (770) 965-2705.
- The 38th annual Mickie Gallagher Junior Amateur Golf Tournament will be held Tuesday at Forest Hills Golf Club. The 18-hole stroke play is open to boys and girls age 8-17. Nine-hole stroke play is open to boys and girls ages 10 and under. Entry fee is $5 and includes lunch. Registration deadline is Aug. 1. For more information, call 738-4367.
- The American Cancer Society will hold the fourth annual Pink Ribbon Classic and the American Cancer Society Men's Golf Championship Classic at Pointe South Golf Club on Friday. Eighteenth hole dedication flags are available for purchase. The Men's Golf Championship will be held Tuesday at Champions Retreat Golf Club in Riverwood Plantation. Winners from both tournaments will advance to the American Cancer Society Division Tournament at Pine Needles and Mid Pines Golf Clubs in North Carolina. For more information, call the American Cancer Society at 731-9900.
- The Inaugural Sheriff Charles Webster (Ret.) Public Safety Golf Tournament will be held Aug. 12. The tournament will begin with a shotgun start at 9 a.m. at Augusta Golf Course. Entry fees for four-man public teams will be $200, and $100 for public safety teams. For more information, call (706) 261-1122.
- The Georgia Tech Club of Augusta will hold its ninth annual tournament Aug. 20 at Forest Hills. The format will be four-person Lauderdale with a 9 a.m. shotgun start. Proceeds will benefit the club scholarship program. For more information, call Don Thorstad at 724-5756 or 733-6263.
- The 18th annual United Way Golf Tournament will be held Aug. 29 at Woodside Plantation. Registration will begin at 9 a.m., and a shotgun start will be at 12:30 p.m. Cost is $400 per foursome, and includes lunch, dinner, a welcome bag and on-course refreshments. Format will be captains choice, gross and net divisions. For more information, call Charlie Snead at (803) 952-7543.
- The 17th annual Industry Appreciation Golf Classic, sponsored by Aiken Electric Cooperative, Inc., will be held Sept. 19 at Woodside Country Club. Registration will begin at 11:30 a.m. with a luncheon and putting competition. The tournament will begin with a shotgun start at 1 p.m. A cocktail and awards reception will follow the tournament will be held after the tournament. For more information, call (803) 641-1111.
- The 12th annual Bert Yancey Memorial Golf Tournament will be held Oct. 10 at River Club in North Augusta. The tournament will be four-man lauderdale format, and proceeds will benefit the Mental Health Association of Greater Augusta, and local affiliates of the National Alliance for the Mentally Ill and the Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance. For more information, call Phylis Holliday at 736-6857 or go to www.bert yanceytournament.org.
- The Fore Everyone adaptive free golf clinic are held the second Tuesday of every month from 10 a.m. until noon at First Tee of Augusta. The clinic is designed to work on swing, stance and grip while putting, chipping, and driving for golfers with disabilities. For more information, call Judie Thompson at (706) 823-8691.
- The Columbia County Recreation Department will hold its 2005 fall registration through Aug. 13 at Patriots Park. Registration hours are July 25 through Aug. 5 from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m., Aug. 7-12 from 8 a.m. until 7 p.m., and Aug. 13 from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. For more information, call 863-7523 or go to www.columbiacountyga.gov.
- The 2005 Georgia Golden Olympics will be held in Warner Robins Sept. 28- Oct. 1. Men and women over 50 are invited to participate. A T-shirt, admission for dinner, lunch and Saturday, and medals for first, second and third place winners will be provided. For more information, call Sandra Johnson at (770) 794-5603, Lola Frost at (478), or write to GGO, P.O. Box 958, Winder, Ga., 30680.
- The Boy Scouts of America will host "Skeet-R-Done," a fundraising skeet/trap shoot competition, Oct. 15 from 11 a.m. until 6 p.m. at Pinetucky Skeet and Trap Club. Proceeds will be used to build the Knox Scout Reservation at Clarks Hill Lake. Donations of beverages, ammo, clayus or auction items for the event will be appreciated. For more information, call Reggie Shannon at (706) 855-7286 or email email@example.com.
- The Aiken County Parks, Recreation and Tourism Department host Yoga classes every Monday night at 6 p.m. at Harrison-Caver Park. Classes are held in the activity building and costs $32 per month or $10 per class. Beginners are welcome. For more information, call (803) 593-4698.
- The Aiken Ice, a U15 boys soccer team, is looking for dedicated, quality players. For more information, call Steve Bloedel at 863-8722.
- The Aiken County Parks, Recreation and Tourism Department will hold Fall soccer registration from through Sept. 2 at Harrison-Caver Park. League age groups are 4-6, 7-8, 9-10, 11-12. League fee is $40 per child. Birth certificate must be shown during registration. For more information, call (803) 593-4698.
- The USSSA Georgia/Carolina Border Brawl will be held at Diamond Lakes Park for ages 9-14 on Aug.13-14. For more information, call Cap at 738-0723 or Bob at 595-8136.
- The Augusta Flash 16 and under girls fast pitch travel team has two openings for the remainder of the 2005 season. For tryout information, call Jeff Towe at (706) 868-8485 or (706) 771-5618.
- The 16U Dominators 2005 fastpitch softball team has openings for one or two players. For more information, call Mike Duffie at (706) 650-8706, Paul Arrington at (706) 547-0369 or Frank Nell at (706) 228-5155.
- The 16 and under Augusta Flash Girls Fast-Pitch travel team will be playing "A" class ball in 2006 and are looking for experienced, dedicated players for Fall 2005 and Spring 2006. For more information, call Jeff Towe at (706) 868-8485 or (706) 771-5618.
- Tryouts for the North Augusta High School varsity tennis team will be held Aug. 8 at 7 a.m. at Riverview Park. Tryouts are for rising 7th through 12th grade girls. Players must have a current physical on file to participate. For more information, call Betsy Luquire at (803) 442-6100.
- Tryouts for the Richmond Academy girls volleyball team will be held as a practice at the school Monday from 4-6 p.m. Players must bring a copy of their current physical to practice. For more information, call Coach Harry Bufford at 210-4928.
© 2017. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us