- Thursday: Real Estate Values on the Hill Seminar; guest speaker Charles Smith, chairman of the Richmond County Board of Tax Assessors; 5:30 p.m., Partridge Inn; contact Ann Marie McManus, email@example.com, 736-3375, ext. 2101.
- Thursday: Drugs Don't Work, supervisor/employee training and education seminar; speakers Lt. Robert Partain, of the Richmond County Sheriff's Office, and Kirk Gillard, of Garrett & Gillard law firm; 3-5 p.m., Augusta Metro Chamber of Commerce, 601 Broad St., call Daphne Jones at 821-1305.
- Aug. 9: Not Just Coffee, Columbia County Chamber of Commerce morning networking event, topic: Maintain Your Brain: Alzheimer's Awareness, speakers Kathy Tuckey and Carrie Valentine, Augusta Region Alzheimer's Association; Dr. Suzanne Smith, assistant professor and director of the Memory Clinic for Neurology; 7:30 a.m.; Center for Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, 671 N. Belair Road; chamber members free, nonmembers $10; call 651-0018.
- Aug. 9: Advertising & Profit Workshop for Success-Oriented Business Owners & Entrepreneurs by Action Business coach Bryan Coan, 9-11 a.m., Augusta Metro Chamber of Commerce 600 Broad St., $10; free for chamber members who bring a nonmember; contact Allison Hopkins at 821-1306 or firstname.lastname@example.org for reservations.
- Aug. 10: North Augusta Chamber of Commerce ABC Connection, Religious Practices in the Workplace - What You Need to Know about Your Employees' Rights, by Ed Enoch, of Rhodes & Enoch; noon at the chamber offices; bring your own lunch; dessert and beverages will be provided.
- Aug. 16: Augusta Metro Chamber's Women in Business; speaker Barbara Sims on Women in Government, Radisson Riverfront Hotel Augusta, $14 if registered by Aug. 12, $17 at the door, nonmembers $20; contact Allison Hopkins at 821-1306 or email@example.com.
- Aug. 10: Opening and running a successful small business, seminar presented by Reka F. Mosteller, area manager of the Small Business Development Center at the University of South Carolina Aiken; 9-11 a.m., Penland Administration Building, Room 106; $25, includes a resource guide and other handouts; registration required; contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (803) 641-3646.
- Aug. 16: Human Resources and the Law and Bringing it Together: seminar on how to set up and run human resources functions at medium and small companies; training session for small businesses by James W. Allen, of Nece & Allen LLP; part of a six-part series sponsored by the Augusta Metro Chamber of Commerce for its member businesses, particularly those without trained human resources directors; 10 a.m. to noon; 601 Broad St.; $60 per participant. Call Scott MacGregor at 821-1314 or at email@example.com to make your reservations.
- Aug. 17: North Augusta Chamber ABC Connection, Merchant Awareness program by Aiken Center for Alcohol and Other Drug Services; tips on recognizing underage purchases of tobacco and alcohol; noon at the chamber offices; bring your own lunch; dessert and beverages will be provided.
- Aug. 18: Practical Tips for Managing a Nonprofit Organization; presentation designed for executive directors and accounting personnel by certified public accountants Rick Evans and Michelle Bennett, 8:30 a.m. to noon; Enterprise Mill, 1450 Greene St.; $35 for members $50 for nonmembers.
- Aug. 18: Augusta Metro Chamber's Business After Hours, O'Charley's restaurant, Robert C. Daniel Jr. Parkway, 5:30-8 p.m.; $12 for chamber members, $15 for nonmembers; contact Allison Hopkins at 821-1306 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Aug. 25: Augusta Metro of Commerce Summer Membership Breakfast; Brig. Gen. Randy Strong, Fort Gordon, scheduled as keynote speaker. 11:30 a.m., Augusta Towers Hotel, and Convention Center at 2651 Perimeter Parkway; $20 for individuals; $180 for 10-seat corporate table; call Allison Hopkins at 821-1324 or email@example.com.
- Sept. 7: Augusta Metro Chamber's Fort Gordon Newcomer Event, vendor event for servicemembers and families new to the Augusta area; 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Gordon Club; display tables provided for $25; businesses interested in participating can contact Janna Crane at JCrane@AugustaGaUsa.com or by calling 821-1315.
- Sept. 15: Augusta Metro Chamber of Commerce Small Business Expo & Small Business Person of the Year Awards Luncheon; 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. for luncheon; expo lasts until 8 p.m., Radisson Riverfront Hotel Augusta; corporate tables $180, booths are available for $150, includes ticket to the awards luncheon and Business After Hours; luncheon tickets only $20; Business After Hours tickets only $12; call Allison Hopkins at 821-1324 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sept. 12: SuCCess Columbia County Style, Columbia County Chamber after hours networking event; GIW Industries, 5000 Wrightsboro Road, Grovetown; 5 p.m.; chamber members free; nonmembers $10; call 651-0018.
- Sept. 16: Georgia Association of Public Accountants seminar, The Real World of Financial Statements - Income Tax Basis; 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.; Peter S. Knox Conference Center, 325 Greene St.; $175 for association members, $225 for nonmembers; includes breakfast and lunch; call Jerry Brigham & Associates at (706) 650-1700.
- Sept. 22: North Augusta Chamber Business Expo & Job Fair; 3-7 p.m.; North Augusta Community Center; sponsorships and tabletops available, call the chamber for more information.
- Sept. 30: North Augusta Chamber Business After Hours; 5-9 p.m., Georgia Golf Hall of Fame and Botanical Gardens; includes children's activities, entertainment and refreshments; free for members and their families.
- Nov. 1: Augusta Metro Chamber of Commerce 2005 Women in Business Signature Event; guest speaker Carolyn Kepcher, executive vice president of the Trump Organization; 6:30 p.m.; Radisson Riverfront Hotel Augusta; 10-seat corporate table $450, individuals $50 for members and $60 for nonmembers; contact Allison Hopkins at 821-1324 or email@example.com
- Free help for small-business owners and entrepreneurs, Service Corps of Retired Executives, a nonprofit volunteer counseling organization, call (706) 793-9998 in Augusta or (803) 641-1111 in Aiken.
- Preparation course for PHR/SPHR human resources certification; Augusta-Aiken Society for Human Resource Management; $25 members, $50 nonmembers; Augusta State University, enroll by July 31; contact Dalton Brannen at (706) 667-4524 or visit www.augusta-aikenshrm.org.
- Instructor-led online courses; Augusta State University Education to Go program; call 736-1636 for schedule or go to www.ced.aug.edu and click on "courses."
- Software training for Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office and other applications; daytime and evening classes offered Monday through Saturday; Computer Link, (706) 860-8313, 596 Bobby Jones Expressway.
- Microsoft Office User Specialist tests; MCSE, A+, N+, and I-NET+; Kerr Business College; call Shannon Thomas at (706) 738-5046.
- The NoonTime Network-ers, area chapter of Business Network International; 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursdays; Club House on Washington Road.
- The Augusta Network Club, a group of noncompeting business people who have informal meetings; 8 a.m. every other Thursday; no dues; call Charles Scavullo Sr. at (706) 737-9177.
- The Leads at Lunch chapter of Business Networking International meets every Tuesday at 11:30 at T-Bonz Banquet Hall at 2860 Washington Road; noncompeting professionals whose purpose is to exchange business referrals; contact Debbie at 364-6612.
- The Referrals at Breakfast meeting of Business Network International, every Thursday at 7 a.m. at the Marriott Courtyard on Stevens Creek Road. Call Wesley Ott at (706) 832-2848.
- Augusta Residential Network Club, group of noncompeting business people who deal with residential customers on a daily basis, 8 a.m. every other Thursday; no dues; call Heath Jefferson at (706) 267-2228.
- The Entrepreneur's Source, an international network of self-employment coaches who work with individuals and companies looking for opportunities for business ownership and expansion. Call Angela Payne at 868-9420.
- In-store training and certification classes for home and office software; PRONET Computer Stores; call 855-9070.
- Microsoft Small Business Server; install-it-yourself workshop for small-business owners by Network Consultants; $99, visit augustasoftware training.com for details.
- Work From Home; one-hour seminar on being your own boss; The Guest House Inn; Tuesdays; call (877) 821-5542.
- Foreign Accent and Southern Accent Reduction; classes for improving business and professional skills; Snyder Speech Therapy Services; to register, call (706) 860-9385.
- Seminar on construction management; learn the process and potential risks before hiring a contractor for commercial construction project; PCM Construction Consultants; (706) 373-0585.
- Keller Williams Realty; personalized sessions for anyone considering a real estate career; The Atrium, 3633 Wheeler Road; call (706) 868-3772.
- How to get started in Real Estate; Sherman and Hemstreet GMAC. Call Tom Horner at (706) 738- 6641.
The business calendar is a free public-service listing of the Augusta Chronicle. We should receive typewritten information by noon Tuesday. Please send items to The Augusta Chronicle, C/O Damon Cline, Newsroom, P.O. Box 1928, Augusta, Ga 30903; or bring them to the news building at 725 Broad St.; send a fax to (706) 722-7403; or e-mail damon.cline@firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2016. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us