Note: Announcements for participatory events must be written, delivered, mailed or faxed to The Augusta Chronicle, P.O. Box 1928, Augusta, GA 30903-1928, with a return address and phone number. No phone calls are accepted. Fax number: (706) 823-3408. The announcements will be published weekly.
- The USSSA Firecracker Classic will be held July 9-10 at Diamond Lakes Park for ages 9-14. For more information, call Cap at 738-0723 or Bob at 595-8136.
- The USSSA Atomic City Summer Classic will be held at Citizen's Park July 8-10. There will be a four-game guarantee, with game balls provided. Cost is $200 for 8U, $250 for 9-10U, and $300 for 11-16U. For more information, call Dale Roberts at (803) 642-6381 or (803) 292-9993, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The East Georgia Thrashers 9U baseball team is looking for players. The 10U travel team will hold tryouts for current and new players July 30-31 from 3-5 p.m. at Patriots Park. Players may not turn 11 on or before May 1. Call Gary Webb at (706) 836-2572 or Burt Harrison at (706) 533-0207, or e-mail email@example.com for tryouts and information.
- The Evans Express baseball team is holding 11 and under player evaluations for the 2005-2006 season. Eligible players must not turn 12 before May 1, 2006. For more information, call coach Mike Hill at (706) 210-8700.
- The Aiken Ice, a U15 boys baseball team, is looking for dedicated, quality players. For more information, call Steve Bloedel at 863-8722.
- The 17th Annual Clint Bryant Basketball Camp will be held July 18-22 from 9 a.m. until noon at Riverview Park. The camp is for ages 6-18. Cost is $160 and includes lunch, T-shirt, basketball and certificate. A walk in fee will be $15 on July 18. For more information, call (706) 737-1626.
- A football camp will be held at Lakeside High School for CSRA players who will be in grades 5-8 in the fall. The dates will be July 19, 21, 23, 26 and 28. Tuesday and Thursday camps will be held from 6-8 p.m. and Saturdays 10 a.m. until noon. Players are asked to wear shorts, T-shirts, and football cleats. Cost to attend is $50. For more information, call 863-0027 ext. 217, 868-8049, or 863-4978.
- The 2005 Atlanta Falcons Kickoff Luncheon will be held in Atlanta on Aug. 31. Individual seats will be $45 per ticket. A table for nine will be $450 per table, and includes a coach or Falcons player for the first 80 buyers, 10 seats per table after 80 orders. Proceeds will benefit the Atlanta Falcons Youth Foundation. For more information, call (770) 965-2705.
- Jones Creek Golf Club will host a drive, putt and chip contest July 18 at 11 a.m. for junior golfers. Deadline for entries is July 10, and advance registration is required. Cost is $20 and includes a warm-up bag of range balls and lunch. For more information, call Will Brown at 860-4228.
- The Inaugural Sheriff Charles Webster (Ret.) Public Safety Golf Tournament will be held Aug. 12. The tournament will begin with a shotgun start at 9 a.m. Entry fees for public teams will be $200 or $400, and $100 to $200 for public safety teams. For individuals, the fee is $50 or $100. For more information, call (706) 261-1122.
- The Fore Everyone adaptive free golf clinic are held the second Tuesday of every month from 10 a.m. until noon at First Tee of Augusta. The clinic is designed to work on swing, stance and grip while putting, chipping, and driving for golfers with disabilities. For more information, call Judie Thompson at (706) 823-8691.
- Applications are being accepted for the David Usry Junior Golf Academy summer camps at North Augusta Country Club. The program will be a series of three-day camps during July, and will be open to youth ages 7-16. For more information, call (803) 279-0704.
- The South Carolina Junior Golf Association will expand their Little Legends Golf program statewide this summer. The program is designed for children ages 12 and under, to introduce the sport and raise interest before high school. Cost to participate is $25. Registration information can be obtained at www.scjga.org, at local golf courses, or by calling (803) 732-9311.
- The Augusta Ice Sports Center. will offer a series of free ice hockey clinics on four Sunday afternoons in July. The hour-long sessions will focus on learning the skills used in the fast-moving sport. They begin at 5:45 p.m. July 10, July 17, July 24 and July 31. Registration is available at the Ice Sports Center, 1249 Augusta West Parkway, or by calling (706) 863-0061 or e-mailing William Redd at Skillet@knology.net.
- Warrior Jiu-Jitsu at Patriots Park will offer Kempo Karate and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu for youth and adults on Mondays and Wednesdays from 7-8:30 p.m. Fees are $45 per student, with family rates available. For more information, call Bobby Wilson at (706) 799-3201.
- The Aiken County Parks, Recreation and Tourism Departmes will hold Wet and Wild Fridays every Friday in July at Harrison-Caver Park from 3:30-5 p.m. The event if free for ages 6 and over. Under 6 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. The events will include water games, a local fire truck, contests, and other water-related activities. For more information, call (803) 593-4698.
- The Aiken County Parks, Recreation and Tourism Department will hold a Sports Madness Camp from 9 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. July 11-15 at Harrison-Caver Park. Cost is $9 per day or $20 for the week and includes lunch. Campers should register by 5 p.m. July 8. For more information, call (803) 593-4698.
- The 2005 Georgia Golden Olympics will be held in Warner Robins Sept. 28-Oct. 1. Men and women over 50 are invited to participate. A T-shirt, admission for dinner, lunch and Saturday, and medals for first, second and third place winners will be provided. For more information, call Sandra Johnson at (770) 794-5603, Lola Frost at (478), or write to GGO, P.O. Box 958, Winder, Ga., 30680.
- The Boy Scouts of America will host "Skeet-R-Done," a fundraising skeet/trap shoot competition, Oct. 15 from 11 a.m. until 6 p.m. at Pinetucky Skeet and Trap Club. Proceeds will be used to build the Knox Scout Reservation at Clarks Hill Lake. Donations of beverages, ammo, clayus or auction items for the event will be appreciated. For more information, call Reggie Shannon at (706) 855-7286 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Augusta Junior Rowing Club will hold an advanced rowing camp from July 18-22 from 8 a.m. until noon. Cost for all camps is $175 and includes a T-shirt. Rowers should bring a snack. For more information, call (706) 294-8801 or go to www.augustarowingclub.org.
- The 9th Annual Select Soccer Six Georgia Cup will be held July 16-17 at the Athens YMCA. The Georgia Cup will feature six adult divisions: Men's A, B, Rec, Women's A, B or Co-ed Open. Teams are guaranteed a minimum of three games. The tournament is open to all adult teams. For more information, call (843) 379-3440 or go to www.adultsoccer.com.
- Patriots Park Soccer camp will run July 18-21 for ages 5 to 14 and advanced players ages 8 to 18. Aiken camp is July 11-14 at Odell Weeks. Camp costs $75. For more information, call Donny Rogers at (706) 294-5033 or e-mail email@example.com.
- The Columbia County Patriots will be having 6-v-6 leagues for middle school, high school and adults on Tuesday-Thursdays and full-side leagues for adults on Sunday afternoons this summer. For more information, go to www.patriotssoccer.org or call (706) 312-7488.
- The USSSA Firecracker Classic for Men's E, D, D+, C, and C+ tournament will be held at Diamond Lakes Park on July 9. For more information, call Cap at 738-0723 or Bob at 595-8136.
- The Coach Caver Commemorative Softball tournament will be held July 9 at Harrison-Caver Park. The double elimination men's open tournament will cost $125 per team. For more information, call (803) 592-4698.
- Higher Ground will hold a softball camp at Diamond Lakes July 17-20. Cost is $120 and includes instruction, T-shirt, handouts and pizza party. For more information, call Bobby Simpson at (229)386-9770, e-mail bsimpson@friendly city.net, or visit www.higher groundsoftball.com.
- The USSSA Boys and Girls Slow Pitch World Series will be held July 30 at Sweetwater Park for ages 8U, 10U, 12U, 14U, 16U, 19U girls and 18U boys. For more information, call Cap at 738-0723 or Bob at 595-8136.
- The USSSA Men's Last Chance Qualifier will be held at Sweetwater Park on July 30. For more information, call Cap at 738-0723 or Bob at 595-8136.
- The USSSA Georgia/Carolina Border Brawl will be held at Diamond Lakes Park for ages 9-14 on August 13-14. For more information, call Cap at 738-0723 or Bob at 595-8136.
- The Augusta Flash 16 and under girls fast pitch travel team has 2 openings for the remainder of the 2005 season. For tryout information, call Jeff Towe at (706) 868-8485 or (706) 771-5618.
- The 16U Dominators 2005 Fastpitch Softball team has openings for one or two players. For more information, call Mike Duffie at (706) 650-8706, Paul Arrington at (706) 547-0369 or Frank Nell at (706) 228-5155.
- The Petersburg Racquet Club will hold one-week tennis/swim camps through the end of July. Clinics are for ages 7-18 at the beginner to intermediate levels. Clinics will run from 9 a.m. until noon, with swimming at the end of each workout. For more information, call Jeff Ewing at 860-9288.