MAKE SUMMERTIME RELOCATIONS SAVVY
Summer is the season of the relocation, but getting your stuff from one spot to another requires far more than grunt labor or dialing the moving company, advises the chubb group of insurance cos., based in Warren, N.J.
PLANNING IS CRUCIAL. HERE ARE SOME TIPS:
- Assess and repair. Examine your items and repair any damage before the move.
- Record all possessions. A videotape is even better than photos.
- Select proper packing materials. Rolling in newspaper isn't appropriate for many objects, especially art. Newsprint has acids.
- Decide who packs what. You should pack important documents and jewelry, for example, and leave fragile items to the professional movers.
- Check your coverage. Movers' liability often is limited. Before your move, check with your insurance agent to determine whether your homeowner's or other policy covers "goods in transit."
Most car buys are a want, not a need
For many of us, buying a new car simply is a matter of desire, according to a recent survey by Vertis, a Balitomore-based marketing company.
More than a third, 36 percent, said they expect to buy a new car in the next year because they want one. Only 8 percent said their current vehicle is becoming mechanically problematic.
Get complete stock listings at www.augusta chronicle.com/stocks.
Contact Business Editor Damon Cline at: (706) 823-3486 or email@example.com.
© 2017. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us