- Thursday: Greater Augusta chapter of the American Association of Legal Nurse Consultants will meet at Gibbs Library on North Belair Road, 5:00 p.m. Discussion topic: How to get started as a Legal Nurse Consultant will be led by Michelle Huey. Call Johnnie Kelly (706) 790-5662 or Lessie Chapman (706) 860-1106.
- July 11: SuCCess Columbia County Columbia County Style, after-hours networking event, 5 p.m., Laurel & Hardy Museum, 255 N. Louisville St., Harlem; free for chamber members, contact Terra Carroll at 651-0018 or tcarroll@columbiacounty chamber.com.
- July 12: Discrimination: Sex, Age, Disability: training session for small businesses by James W. Allen, of Nece & Allen LLP; part of a six-part series sponsored by the Augusta Metro Chamber of Commerce for its member businesses, particularly those without trained human resources directors; 10 a.m. to noon; 601 Broad St.; $60. Call Scott MacGregor at 821-1314 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- July 13: North Augusta Chamber of Commerce Business ABC Connection; Tye Brown, of the Better Business Bureau, will present a seminar on identity theft; noon, chamber offices; beverages and desserts provided; call 279-2323.
- July 26: Economic Development Outlook Luncheon, HBA Group International and South Augusta Redevelopment Inc., keynote speaker Chris Clark, deputy commissioner of the Georgia Department of Economic Development's Global Commerce Division; 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.; The Pinnacle Club, 699 Broad Street $65 advance, $75 at door; call 792-1427 for information.
- Aug. 4: Real Estate Values on the Hill Seminar; Guest speaker Charles Smith, chairman of the board of Richmond County Tax Assessors; 5:30 p.m., Partridge Inn; 736-3375, ext. 2101.
- Aug. 16: Human Resources and the Law and Bringing it Together: seminar on how to set up and run human resources functions at medium and small companies; training session for small businesses by James W. Allen, of Nece & Allen LLP; part of a six-part series sponsored by the Augusta Metro Chamber of Commerce for its member businesses, particularly those without trained human resources directors; 10 a.m. to noon; 601 Broad St.; $60 per participant. Call Scott MacGregor at 821-1314 or at smacgregor@augustagausa. com to make your reservations.
- Free help for small-business owners and entrepreneurs, Service Corps of Retired Executives, a nonprofit volunteer counseling organization, call (706) 793-9998 in Augusta or (803) 641-1111 in Aiken.
- Instructor-led online courses; Augusta State University Education to Go program; call 736-1636 for schedule or go to www.ced.aug.edu and click on "courses."
- Software training for Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office and other applications; daytime and evening classes offered Monday through Saturday; Computer Link, (706) 860-8313, 596 Bobby Jones Expressway.
- Microsoft Office User Specialist tests; MCSE, A+, N+, and I-NET+; Kerr Business College; call Shannon Thomas at (706) 738-5046.
- The NoonTime Network-ers, area chapter of Business Network International; 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursdays; Club House on Washington Road.
- The Augusta Network Club, a group of noncompeting business people who have informal meetings; 8 a.m. every other Thursday; no dues; call Charles Scavullo Sr. at (706) 737-9177.
- The Leads at Lunch chapter of Business Networking International meets every Tuesday at 11:30 at El Valle Restaurant in West Town Shopping Center; noncompeting professionals whose purpose is to exchange business referrals; contact Debbie at 364-6612
- The Referrals at Breakfast meeting of Business Network International, every Thursday at 7 a.m. at the Marriott Courtyard on Stevens Creek Road. Call Wesley Ott at (706) 832-2848.
- Augusta Residential Network Club, group of noncompeting business people who deal with residential customers on a daily basis, 8 a.m. every other Thursday; no dues; call Heath Jefferson at (706) 267-2228.
- Microsoft Small Business Server; install-it-yourself workshop for small-business owners by Network Consultants; $99, visit augustasoftware training.com for details.
- Work From Home; one-hour seminar on being your own boss; The Guest House Inn; Tuesdays; call (877) 821-5542.
THE BUSINESS CALENDAR IS A FREE PUBLIC-SERVICE LISTING OF THE AUGUSTA CHRONICLE. WE SHOULD RECEIVE TYPEWRITTEN INFORMATION BY NOON TUESDAY. PLEASE SEND ITEMS TO THE AUGUSTA CHRONICLE, C/O DAMON CLINE, NEWSROOM, P.O. BOX 1928, AUGUSTA, GA 30903; OR BRING THEM TO THE NEWS BUILDING AT 725 BROAD ST.; SEND A FAX TO (706) 722-7403; OR E-MAIL DAMON.CLINE@AUGUSTA CHRONICLE.COM.