EVENINGS IN THE APPLEBY GARDEN: Evenings in the Appleby Garden will be held at 8 p.m. at Appleby Library's garden, 2260 Walton Way. Peter Fletcher will be the featured performer Tuesday. The concerts are free. For more information, call 736-6244.
LIONS CLUB MEETING: An organizational meeting of the New Ellenton Lions Club will be held at 7 p.m. in the council chambers of City Hall, 200 S. Main St. Officers will be elected . For more information, call 645-4429.
INTERNATIONAL FOLK DANCE ENSEMBLE PROGRAM: The International Folk Dance Ensemble from Brigham Young University will perform its most recent production, Reflections, at 7:30 p.m. at the Etherredge Center, 471 University Parkway, Aiken. Advance tickets cost $9 for adults and $6 for students, children and seniors age 65 and older. They cost $10 for adults and $8 for students, children and seniors at the door. For more information, call (803) 641-3305.
CSRA HYDRANGEA SOCIETY MEETS: The CSRA Hydrangea Society will meet from 7 to 8:30 p.m. at Aiken Technical College, Community Room, Building 1200/1400, Science & Health Building. For information, call (803) 644-9400.
Back in time
Today in regional history:
MAY 24, 1953
Despite deep slashes made in appropriations for rivers and harbors throughout the nation, the House Appropriations Committee yesterday allocated $134,000 to complete plans for the Hartwell Dam above Augusta. The committee also allocated $2.25 million for further work on the powerhouse at Clark Hill. The information was relayed yesterday to Lester S. Moody, secretary of the Augusta Chamber of Commerce, by Congressman Paul Brown.
Local Government Meetings
- Augusta-Richmond County Coliseum Authority: 9 a.m. Tuesday, civic center, 601 Seventh St.
- Department of Family and Children Services Board: noon Tuesday, second floor of Richmond County DFACS office, 520 Fenwick St.
- Community Service Board of East Central Georgia: 6 p.m. Tuesday, mental health center, 3421 Mike Padgett Highway
- Edgefield County School board of trustees: 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, school district conference room, 3 Par Drive, Edgefield
- Aiken County Board of Education: 7 p.m. Tuesday, district office, 1000 Brookhaven Drive, Aiken (executive session held before)Thursday
- Historic Preservation Commission: 5:30 p.m. Thursday, eighth floor committee room, Municipal Building, 530 Greene St.Monday
- Augusta-Richmond County committees: Public Services, 12:30 p.m.; Administrative Services, 1 p.m.; Public Safety, 1:30 p.m.; Finance, 2 p.m.; Engineering Services, 3 p.m., eighth-floor committee room, Municipal Building, 530 Greene St.
© 2016. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us