Note: Announcements for participatory events must be written, delivered, mailed or faxed to The Augusta Chronicle, P.O. Box 1928, Augusta, GA 30903-1928, with a return address and phone number. No phone calls are accepted. Fax number: (706) 823-3408. The announcements will be published weekly.
- The USSSA Powerade Classic will be held Saturday-Sunday at Diamond Lakes Park for 9U, 10U, 11U, 12U, 13U, 14U. For more information, call Cap at 738-0723 or Bob at 595-8136.
- The USSSA Bulldog Classic will be held Saturday-Sunday at Thomson High School for 15U and 16U.
For more information, call Cap at 738-0723 or Bob at 595-8136.
- The Augusta Baseball officials meeting will be held every Sunday at 4 p.m. at Westside High School. For more information, call Jim at (706) 495-2883.
- The 8-and-under Georgia Futures baseball team is looking for players for the 2005 season. For more information, call Robbie Shearer at 863-8196 or Steve Anderson at 650-0353.
- The National Youth Baseball Association is looking for youth baseball players between the ages of 12-20 interested in playing on their 2005 National and International Tournament Teams and/or the Summer Wooden Bat League. Registration will be accepted on a first come-first serve basis. For more information, call (773) 264-1040.
- The Georgia Stallions Baseball Club is looking for players for their 16U traveling team for the 2005 season. The team is based in Swainsboro, Ga. and competes in local, state, and regional events. For more information, call Tony Mangieri at (706) 554-3134 or email TonyMangieri@aol.com, or go to www.eteamz.com/gastallions.
- The Men's Senior Baseball League and Men's Adult Baseball League are looking for people who love baseball and want to operate their own leagues. Age groups are 18-over and 28-over.The only investment required is time and passion. For more information, call 1-877-297-1466, email email@example.com, or go to www.msblnational.com.
- Pendleton Baseball's travel teams are asked to call about cage rentals for team practices. All cages are indoors. For more information, call George Blackburn at (803) 270-0362.
- The Helping Hands Youth Foundation/Augusta Lakers will hold a Memorial Day Out of School Shootout will be held May 27-29 at Laney High School. The tournament is for boys 12-under, 13-under, 14-under, and 15-under. Entry fee is $250 per team with three games guaranteed. Entry fee must be in by May 13. For more information, call Tim Daniels at (706) 210-1892 or (706) 799-6204.
- The North Augusta Police Athletic League Boxing Club will present the South Carolina Junior Olympic and U19 State Boxing Championships Saturday at 7 p.m. at 3818 Jefferson Davis Highway in Clearwater, S.C.