NOTE: All the listed events are open to the public, although membership in some organizations might be required.
• THURSDAY: Augusta-Aiken Audubon Society will conduct its annual Savannah River Site Christmas Bird Count. Contact Adrienne DeBiase at (803) 725-0382.
• FRIDAY: A muzzleloader hunt will be held at Bussey Point Wildlife Management Area in Lincoln County. Bucks must have four or more points on one side. Call 1-800-533-3478 for details.
• SATURDAY: The annual Augusta Christmas Bird Count will begin with volunteers meeting at Popeyes, Gordon Highway and Walton Way, at 7:30 a.m. to divide into teams. Lunch will be at Popeyes at 1 p.m. Call Anne Waters, (706) 793-2788, for more details.
• DEC. 24: Augusta Aiken Audubon Society will hold its annual Aiken Christmas Bird Count. Call Calvin Zippler at (803) 642-2264 for more details on bird count.
• JAN. 5: Georgia's Wildlife Resources Division will hold a public meeting at 7 p.m. at Augusta Tech's Thomson campus in McDuffie County to seek input on the state's hunting rules and regulations. Everyone is welcome. Call (770) 918-6400 for more details.
• The Fort Gordon Sportsman's Club meets the third Thursday night of each month at 6 p.m. More information: Fred Perry at 791-5078.
To Submit an item for the Outdoors Calendar, send to: Outdoors Editor, The Augusta Chronicle, Columbia County Office, 4272 Washington Road, Suite 3-B, Evans, Ga., 30809; or fax to (706) 868-9824.