NOTE: All the listed events are open to the public, although membership in some organizations might be required.
• SATURDAY: Augusta Marine/Augusta Bass Masters will hold its annual fishing derby from Wildwood Park at Thurmond Lake. The event benefits Boy Scouts of America. Entrants should mail $60 to the Boy Scouts of America, 1804 Gordon Highway, Augusta, Ga., 30904, making checks payable to Augusta Bass Masters. A drawing for boat position will be held at 6 p.m. Nov. 4 at Augusta Marina, Gordon Highway. Call 733-5277 for more details.
• SATURDAY, NOV. 13: A youth waterfowl hunt will be held at the Richard Russell Waterfowl Preserve for hunters 15 and under who will be chosen by drawing. Deadline to register is Nov. 3. Registrants can call Bryan McCall at the Russell Project office (800) 944-7207 or (706) 213-3417 or Jeff Brooks (706) 213-3424, or submit a letter requesting consideration for the hunts. The letter must include names of the youth and adult, age, address, and home and daytime telephone numbers. Mail letters to Bryan McCall, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Richard B. Russell Project Office, 4144 Russell Dam Drive, Elberton, GA 30635. Hunters will be notified of their selection on Nov. 5.
• SATURDAY, NOV. 13: A "Dawn Walk" will be held at Phinizy Swamp Nature Park at 5 a.m., with opportunities to see wildlife and waterfowl. Cost is $3 for members, $5 for non-members. Call 828-2109 for registration.
• FRIDAY, NOV. 19-SATURDAY, NOV. 20: A primitive weapons (muzzleloader) hunt will be held at Bussey Point Wilderness Area in Lincoln County. Limit is 100 hunters, and archery is permitted. Check-in is required. Check station opens one hour before sunrise and closes one hour after sunset. Call 1-800-944-7207 for more details.
• SUNDAY, NOV. 21: A bike tour of Phinizy Swamp Nature Park will begin at 2 p.m. and Andy Jordan will lead the group. Helmets are required. Cost is $3 for members, $5 for non-members. Call 828-2109 for more details.
• MONDAY, NOV. 22: The CSRA Flyfishing Association will meet at 7:30 p.m. at Abundant Living Word Church, 2010 Westside Court. The public is welcome. Agenda items include arranging workshops and fishing trips. Email DDSmurdoch@aol.com for more details.
• The Fort Gordon Sportsman's Club meets the third Thursday night of each month at 6 p.m. More information: Fred Perry at 791-5078.
To Submit an item for the Outdoors Calendar, send to: Outdoors Editor, The Augusta Chronicle, Columbia County Office, 4272 Washington Road, Suite 3-B, Evans, Ga., 30809; or fax to (706) 868-9824.
© 2016. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us