Activities and entertainment events scheduled for this week include:TODAY
Halloween fund raiser: The Savannah River Cancer Foundation will hold a Halloween party at 6:30 p.m. at T&M Tack and Feed, U.S. Highway 78 in Windsor. There will be a silent auction, raffles, karaoke contest, hay rides, pony rides, a costume contest and food vendors. Admission is free. For more information, call (803) 502-1919.
Mollyfest 2004: Mollyfest 2004 will be held from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Harrison-Caver Park, South Carolina Highway 421 in Clearwater. There will be talent and costume contests for dogs, a costume contest for children, Halloween carnival and concessions. General admission costs $3 for adults, and children ages 12 and younger get in free. Contests for dogs cost $10 per contest, three for $25 or six for $40. Pictures of dogs will be taken for $10 each or three for $25. All proceeds benefit Mollys Militia. For more information, call 279-6274.
pet-a-fair: The annual 2004 Pet-A-Fair will be from 1 to 5 p.m. at the Julian Smith Casino, 2200 Broad St. The event includes a costume contest for pets, a silent auction and raffle items . For more information, call 261-PETS.
Here are some things to consider before drinking something besides water:
• Seventy-five percent of Americans are chronically dehydrated. The No. 1 trigger of daytime fatigue is lack of water.
• For 37 percent of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak it is often mistaken for hunger.
• A primary cause of Alzheimer's disease is chronic dehydration.
• The majority of asthma cases are really misdiagnosed cases of chronic dehydration.
• A way to prevent migraines is regular intake of water.
• Dry mouth is the last sign of dehydration.
• Every function of the body is monitored and regulated by the flow of water.
Source: To Your Health, Quakertown, Pa. WHAT A FEELING
In a study, women were found to be in a better mood after 10 minutes of walking, in an even better mood after 20 minutes of walking and in an even better mood than that after 30 minutes. Then the effects plateaued.
Source: Shape RUG CARE TIPS
• Rotate your rugs frequently to equalize effects of the sun.
• Avoid continual direct exposure to sunlight.
• Clean spills immediately to help prevent staining. • Vacuum regularly to remove loose soil.
• For professional deep-cleaning, use a rug specialist.
• Always follow the manufacturer's recommended cleaning methods.
TO SUGGEST an event listing for Around Town, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or send a fax to 722-7403. Briefly describe the event and include the day, place and time, plus a contact name and number for more information. To suggest a photo, call 823-3230 or send e-mail to email@example.com.
© 2017. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us