ORANGEBURG, S.C. -- South Carolina State University is reopening its search for a new president for 10 additional days, Board of Trustees Chairman Maurice Washington said Tuesday.
The top six candidates will still be in the running, but the school just wants to make sure there are no other qualified candidates who would like the job, said William Clinkscales, chairman of a university committee looking for the school's new leader.
The committee originally selected three finalists. But after one dropped out, the trustees decide to bring back the four semifinalists as well. The identities of the original finalists were never publicly revealed.
The six candidates named in January, are:
- Livingston Alexander, provost and vice president for academic affairs at Kean University in Union, N.J.
-William H. Greene, a director of development for minority affairs at Ohio State University.
- Robert R. Jennings of Wake Forest University.
- George E. Miller III, provost at Bowie State University.
- James E. Sulton Jr., executive director of the New Jersey Commission on Higher Education.
- Earl G. Yarbrough Sr., provost and vice president for academic affairs at Virginia State University.
© 2017. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us