Seven reasons to watch television on Thursday night:
- Christina Applegate turns up as Rachel's sister on "Friends" (8 p.m., NBC), when she ruins Thanksgiving with her uncensored observations;
- There are wedding bells ringing on "Will & Grace" (8:30 p.m., NBC) as Grace (Debra Messing) walks down the aisle with Leo (Harry Connick, Jr.), but Katie Couric has bad news for the bride and groom at the reception;
- Sally Field reprises her Emmy-winning role as Abby's unbalanced mother on "ER" (10 p.m., NBC). She's back to help her daughter find her missing brother (Thomas Everett Scott);
- Of the 16 original contestants on "Survivor: Thailand" (8 p.m., CBS), seven are left, as the game gets more competitive and curves toward its home stretch;
- A "snuff" film murder is caught on tape, and a skeleton is found with fire ants on it during a particularly gruesome "CSI" (9 p.m., CBS);
- "Charlie Brown Thanksgiving" (8 p.m., ABC) has the title cartoon character acting as host on the holiday while his dog, Snoopy, slaves away in the kitchen. Good grief!
- Move over "[filtered word]": The special "Stupid Behavior Caught On Tape" (9 p.m., ABC) catches a dancer kicking himself in the head and a tiki dancer catching on fire. Don't try this at home - unless you have a camcorder and an agent.
Other TV highlights for the week of Nov. 18-24:
MONDAY, Nov. 18
"Everybody Loves Raymond" (9 p.m., CBS). Robert (Brad Garrett) finds the perfect woman for him, and everyone loves her. Great? Well, it is until Robert sees her doing something shocking, and no one believes the relationship-shy man is telling the truth.
TUESDAY, Nov. 19
"Turkey Secrets" (8 p.m., Animal Planet). Just before Thanksgiving, this is the documentary you may (or may not) want to feast upon. It teaches you how to talk like a jive turkey, how to track a real turkey and how to keep one as a pet.
"You're Invited" (9 p.m., Style). Comic Jackie Guerra visits an eclectic mix of folks as they plan and execute unusual parties.
"Bond At His Best Week" (9 p.m., TNN). Current "007" Pierce Brosnan hosts this weeklong marathon of James Bond movies, including "The Spy Who Loved Me" and "Diamonds Are Forever." First up: "From Russia With Love."
WEDNESDAY, Nov. 20
"Victoria's Secret Fashion Show" (9 p.m., CBS). The racy special includes a runway show, red carpet interviews, model profiles and performances from Phil Collins, Destiny's Child and Marc Anthony.
"Animal Cops" (10 p.m., Animal Planet). In this animal version of "Cops," Michigan Humane Society investigators track down abusers in the area.
FRIDAY, Nov. 22
"Reba" (9 p.m., WB). Reba is back on the dating scene, and her children are uneasy about going to Barbara Jean's family reunion in this episode with guest star Colby Donaldson (of "Survivor").
SATURDAY, Nov. 23
"Great Performances" (8 p.m., PBS). 21-year-old pop singer Josh Groban performs in concert with guests Andrea Corr of the Corrs and Angie Stone.
"Premium Blend" (9 p.m., Comedy Central). Wanda Sykes (of "The Chris Rock Show") headlines this standup comedy showcase.
SUNDAY, Nov. 24
"The Search for Kennedy's PT 109" (8 p.m., MSNBC). This "National Geographic Explorer" special goes on a search for John F. Kennedy's lost vessel and his leadership on it before it sank.
"The Simpsons" (8 p.m., Fox). Marge goes into the hospital and accidentally gets breast implants. Adam West and Burt Ward (of TV's "Batman") lend their voices to the outing.
"The Philadelphia Coal Miners' Story" (9 p.m., ABC). This docu-drama recounts the fateful moments when nine miners were trapped underground, and the country waited to see if they'd live or not.
"Martin and Lewis" (9 p.m., CBS). Jeremy Northam and "Will & Grace" co-star Sean Hayes star in this fact-based drama documenting the rocky friendship of Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis.
(Terry Morrow is the TV critic for the Knoxville News-Sentinel in Tennessee. He can be reached at Morrow2@knews.com.)
(Distributed by Scripps Howard News Service, http://www.shns.com)