TOP VIDEO: Here were last week's Top 5 VHS rentals according to VSDA VidTrac:
1. The Wedding Planner, a romantic comedy about a workaholic wedding planner (Jennifer Lopez), who is dazzled by a pediatrician (Matthew McConaughey) only to discover later that he's to be the groom at her next event (PG-13).
2. Unbreakable, a mysterious thriller about a man who has never been injured or sick. Bruce Willis and Samuel L. Jackson star in the film written, directed and produced by M. Night Shyamalan (The Sixth Sense). PG-13.
3. Cast Away, Tom Hanks stars in a Robinson Crusoe-type tale of a man shipwrecked on an island (PG-13).
4. Save the Last Dance, a romance about two seemingly opposite teens: an aspiring ballerina from the country and a city-wise boy who meet at an urban Chicago high school (PG-13).
5. Snatch, brisk, cheerfully amoral entertainment by Guy Ritchie (Mr. Madonna). It features a London underworld setting, a fearsomely complex plot line, hordes of colorful characters, plus the distinctively breezy dialogue that is Mr. Ritchie's trademark. With Benicio Del Toro, Dennis Farina and Brad Pitt (R).
NEW RELEASE: Pollock, the film based on a Pulitzer-Prize winning book by two Aiken authors, arrives in video stores today.
Jackson Pollock: An American Saga by Steven Naifeh and Gregory White Smith, was the basis for the screenplay of the film. Ed Harris played the tortured artist and Marcia Gay Harden won an Oscar for her portrayal of his wife, artist Lee Krasner.
Other new releases today are Sweet November, a romance starring Keanu Reeves and Charlize Theron; and Valentine, a thriller starring David Boreanaz of the WB series Angel.
CATCHALL: Love the new straw totes, but don't quite trust the loose weave to hold small things? Line them with scarves, says scarf designer ECHO.
Self-serving as the suggestion may be for ECHO, it's not a bad idea. It probably will keep your keys in the bag, but why stop there? A splash of color peeking from a basic black shoulder bag could be kind of nice, too - like tissue paper inside a gift box. You could even change it to match your outfit, so you're always coordinated and haven't spent a fortune on a rainbow of purses.
STREAK-FREE: Use newspaper to get a streak-free window. Simply spray the window with cleaner and then wipe it with a clean cloth - but leave it just a little wet. Then make a wad of newspaper and wipe the window until it's completely dry and streak-free.
© 2016. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us