Originally created 08/14/97

A long, cool drink



Augusta-Richmond County Fire Department Sgt. Donnie Norman cools off Wednesday afternoon by taking a drink from a garden hose after extinguishing a fire at the home at 114 Avondale Drive where Mattie Williams lives with her grandson. Authorities don't know how the fire started, but they believe it was an accident, fire Capt. Brian McFeely said. There were no injuries. Thirteen firefighters fought the blaze for 20 minutes as the afternoon heat index reached an estimated 106 degrees.



AllAccess


Trending this week:



 
 

The Augusta Chronicle © 2015. All Rights Reserved.  Contact Us  | Terms of Service  | Privacy Policy  | Advertise