WASHINGTON (AP) - The woman who has accused NBC sportscaster Marv Albert of sodomy and assault will not stand trial in an unrelated domestic dispute with an ex-boyfriend.
Assistant U.S. Attorney Terry Keeney said prosecutors decided Wednesday not to prosecute the 42-year-old woman. She had been scheduled to stand trial July 30 on a misdemeanor charge of making threats.
Keeney would not elaborate on why the charges were dropped. The woman did not return calls by The Associated Press seeking comment.
The Vienna, Va., woman had been accused by the ex-boyfriend, a District of Columbia police sergeant, of calling and making a threat to kill him, "his dog and any girl he may be with."
The woman had been accused of making the phone call one month after the alleged incident with Albert, NBC's lead announcer for NBA games.
Albert, 53, was indicted in May on charges of forcible sodomy and assault. The woman, who said she has been a friend of Albert's for years, told police he bit her repeatedly and forced her to perform oral sex in an Arlington, Va., hotel room Feb. 12.
Albert has vehemently denied any wrongdoing. The trial is scheduled for Sept. 22.
© 2018. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us