Note: Announcements for participatory events must be written, delivered, mailed or faxed to The Augusta Chronicle, 725 Broad St., Augusta, GA 30901, with a return address and phone number. No phone calls are accepted. Fax number is (706) 823-3408. The announcements will be published weekly.
● Former Chicago White Sox player and Curtis Baptist baseball coach Chico Valdez is holding tryouts for a 9-year-old travel baseball team. Players cannot have turned 10 before May 1. Call Van Dixon at (706) 830-2806 for information.
● The Micah Lancaster “I’m Possible Training” summer elite skills camp will be held Monday-Thursday at Augusta Christian School from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. The camp is open to boys and girls in grades 4-12. Registration is $175 per camper. To register, contact John Harris at (706) 637-4528 or register online at www.possibletraining.com.
● A Memorial Awards dinner for planning of the Harvie Hogan Memorial Coaches Award will be held 6 p.m. Thursday at T’s restaurant. All former players of coach Hogan are invited. For information, contact John Smith at (706) 825-9472, Charlie Beale at (706) 863-9818 or e-mail CoachHogansBoys@aol.com.
● The third annual Walton Foundation Wheelchair Tennis Championship will be held Friday-Aug. 4 at the Newman Tennis Center. For more information, contact Alice Salley at (706) 826-5809.
● The Newman Tennis Center will be holding a back to school pizza party Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. The event is free to the public. For more information, call (706) 821-1600.
● CSRA Force coach Wayne Wilson is putting together a 12-and-under A class fast-pitch travel softball team for the 2013 and 2014 seasons. For more information about future tryouts, contact Wilson at (706) 564-5357 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact Kirsten Duncan at (678) 796-5797.
● The Georgia Rockers Fastpitch Organization will be holding tryouts for the 2013-14 season Aug. 17-18 at Patriots Park. For more information on tryout time and age groups, contact Ike Branh at (706) 373-9581 or via e-mail at email@example.com.