● Former Chicago White Sox player and Curtis Baptist baseball coach Chico Valdez is holding tryouts for a 9-year-old travel baseball team. Players cannot have turned 10 before May 1. Call Van Dixon at (706) 830-2806 for information.
● The 25th annual Clint Bryant Basketball Camp for boys and girls K-12 will be held Monday-Friday at the Riverview Park Activities Center in North Augusta. Camp hours are 9 a.m.-4 p.m. the first four days and 9 a.m.-noon the final day. Lunch is provided the first four days. Registration fees are $225 through today and $250 on Monday. For more details, contact Trish at (706) 825-2232 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
● The Micah Lancaster “I’m Possible Training” summer elite skills camp will be held July 29-Aug. 1 at Augusta Christian School from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. The camp is open to boys and girls grades 4-12. Registration is $175 per camper. To register, contact John Harris at (706) 637-4528 or register online at www.possibletraining.com.
● The Riverside Middle School football camp is July 22-26 open to rising fourth through eighth graders. Cost is $75 per athlete. Contact Brett Cooper at firstname.lastname@example.org.
● The ninth YMCA Golf camp will be held Monday-Wednesday from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. at the Wedges and Woods Driving Range and Teaching Facility. The camp is open to boys and girls ages 5-17. The cost is $99 per camper. For more information or to register, call Jay Brooks at (706) 830-2752 or e-mail email@example.com.
● The second annual Deputy JD Paugh Memorial Foundation Golf Tournament will be held Sept. 30 at West Lake Country Club. Tournament sponsorship and entry information can be found at www.jdpaughmemorial.org. For more information, call Tim Cieniewicz at (706) 840-2900.
● The third annual Walton Foundation Wheelchair Tennis Championship will be held Aug. 2-4 at the Newman Tennis Center. For
more information, contact Alice Salley at (706) 826-5809.
● The Newman Tennis Center is having a Tennis and Swimming Summer camp through July 26. Camp is Monday-Friday from 9 a.m.-4 p.m for ages 7-17 at a rate of $180 per week. For children ages 4-6, quick-start camp will be held Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 9-10 a.m. for $20 per week. Half days are available from 9 a.m.-noon for $80 per week. For more information, contact the Newman Tennis Center at (706) 821-1600.
● The Bulls Soccer club has a few openings in various age groups for the Fall 2013 season. For more information contact the Bulls office at (706) 550-2858 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
● CSRA Force coach Wayne Wilson is putting together a 12-and-under A class fast-pitch travel softball team for the 2013 and 2014 seasons. For more information about future tryouts, contact Wilson at (706) 564-5357 or e-mail email@example.com, or contact Kirsten Duncan at (678) 796-5797.
● Augusta Prep’s 11th annual summer volleyball camps are July 22-25. There are two sessions per camp. Middle school goes from 9 a.m.-noon and high school from 1-4 p.m. with a cost of $120. Contact coach Rich Bland at (706) 414-6145, firstname.lastname@example.org or go to www.augustaprep.org/CampCavalier.
● Registration for the Westside Wrestling Camp at Westside High School with Tim Mitchem, of Campbellsville University, is now open. The camp dates are July 22-24 from 9 a.m. to noon. The camp is open to boys and girls of all ages. The cost of the camp is $45 per camper and includes a camp shirt. Families of more than one camper will pay $30 for each additional camper. For registration and more information, call Kevin Waters at (706) 399-3154 or e-mail at email@example.com.