● Former Chicago White Sox player and Curtis Baptist baseball coach Chico Valdez has tryouts for a 9-year-old travel baseball team. Players can not have turned 10 before May 1. Call Van Dixon at (706) 830-2806 for information.
● The 25th annual Clint Bryant Basketball Camp for boys and girls K-12 will be held July 15-19 at the Riverview Park Activities Center in North Augusta. Camp hours are 9 a.m.-4 p.m. the first four days and 9 a.m.-noon the final day. Lunch is provided the first four days. Each camper will receive a basketball and T-shirt.
Registration fees are $175 Monday through Friday of this week, $225 from July 6-14 and $250 for walk-ins on July 15. For more details, contact Trish at (706) 825-2232 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
● Grovetown High School’s Little Warriors Cheer Camp is July 10-12 for 4 to 12 year olds. Cost is $65 and registration forms are available at www.edline.net/pages/Grovetown_High or from a Grovetown High School cheerleader. E-mail email@example.com.
● The Riverside Middle School football camp is July 22-26 open to rising fourth through eighth graders. Cost is $75 per athlete. Contact Brett Cooper at firstname.lastname@example.org.
● The Nations of Coaches Celebrity Golf Classic will be held July 10 at River Golf Club in North Augusta. Cost is $200 for individuals or $800 per team. Participants will play golf with some of the top college basketball coaches in the country and receive lunch, beverages on the range, autographed team pictures and prizes. Go to www.nationsofcoaches.com to register.
● The 2013 East Georgia Pop Warner Pro and Georgia Cheer Camp, sponsored by ATHELITE, will be held July 13-14 from 1-5 p.m. at Greenbrier Middle School for those 5-15 years old. Cost is $100 in advance, or $120 the day of camp. Sign up at eastgapopwarner.com or call (706) 951-7950.
● The Riverside Middle School 5K camp is scheduled for July 8-12 and is open to rising fourth through eighth graders. Cost is $75 per athlete. Contact Tony Walsh at (706) 868-3714, ext. 5855, or email@example.com.
● CSRA Force coach Wayne Wilson is putting together a 12-and-under A class fastpitch travel softball team for the 2013 and 2014 seasons. For more information about future tryouts, contact Wilson at (706) 564-5357 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact Kirsten Duncan at (678) 796-5797.
● Augusta Prep’s 11th annual summer volleyball camps are July 22-25. There are two sessions per camp. Middle school goes from 9 a.m.-noon and high school from 1-4 p.m. with a cost of $120. Contact Coach Rich Bland at (706) 414-6145, email@example.com or go to www.augustaprep.org/CampCavalier.
● Registration for the Westside Wrestling camp at Westside High School with Tim Mitchem, of Campbellsville University, is now open. The camp dates are July 22-24 from 9 a.m. to noon. The camp is open to boys and girls of all ages. The cost of the camp is $45 per camper and includes a camp shirt. Families of more than one camper will pay $30 for each additional camper. For registration and additional information, call Kevin Waters at (706) 399-3154 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.