• Palmetto Xtreme is looking to fill its current roster for the 2012-13 USSSA season. Players must not turn 11 years old by April 30, 2013. Call Josh Fields at (803) 508-0429.
• An 8-under machine pitch travel team is seeking players for the upcoming season. Players must be 8 or younger prior to May 1, 2013. For information, contact Wesley Teston at (706) 306-4791.
• The Phenom 150 Boys Basketball Exposure Camp will be held Oct. 13-14 at Augusta Prep. The camp is for rising ninth through 12th graders looking to play basketball at the college level. The cost is $199. For information, contact William Avery at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit phenomamerica.com. Register at sportssignup.com/phenom-ga-atlanta-online-registration.start.
• The NWTF Bass Bonanza Fishing Tournament will be held Sept. 22 at Wildwood Park. Pre-registration will take place Sept. 20 from 5-7 p.m. at the Walmart on Bobby Jones Expressway. Entry fee is $100 per team of two and $10 per team to enter the biggest bass competition. A $5,000 prize is guaranteed for first place. For information, contact Rhett Simmons at (803) 637-3106 or email@example.com.
• The Deputy J.D. Paugh Memorial Foundation Golf Tournament will be held Sept. 24 at West Lake Country Club. All proceeds benefit law enforcement throughout the CSRA. Tournament and entry information can be found by calling Greg Smith at (706) 831-8702, Tim Cieniewicz at (706) 840-2900 or at deputyjdpaughmemorial.com.
• The 16th annual Augusta Prep Golf Classic will be held Oct. 1 at Belle Meade Country Club. The deadline to register is Sept. 24. For more information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. For cost information or to register, visit augustaprep.org/golfclassic.
• The Border Bash Golf Tournament will be held Oct. 5 at The River Golf Club. Tournament format is four-man team Lauderdale and costs $380 per team. Entry forms can can be picked up at The River Golf Club.
• The Men Making a Difference Golf Tournament will be held Oct. 7 at Gordon Lakes Golf Course. The format is 18-hole, four-person Lauderdale. The entry fee is $45 for Gordon Lakes members and $55 for non-members. For information or to register, contact Willie Williams at (706) 791-3007 or (706) 627-3234; Willie J. Battle at (706) 592-2280 or (706) 231-2007; or Albert Bonaparte at (706) 860-5471.
• The Augusta State Birdie Club Jaguar Golf Scramble will be held Friday at Forest Hills Golf Club. The cost is $125 per player or $500 per team, with a team consisting of four amateurs and one current or former Augusta State player or coach. For information, contact Sarah Mooney at (706) 733-0001 or e-mail email@example.com.
• Augusta Lacrosse Girls Fall 7v7 League is offered for players in grades 8-12 who have their own equipment. The league will play Sept. 19-Nov. 10 on Wednesdays from 4-5:30 p.m. and Saturdays from 10 a.m.-noon. The cost is $75 per player. For information, contact Mark Leszczynski at (706) 799-9287 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Bird Dog Breakaway 5K Run and 2-mile Walk will be held Sept. 29 at 8 a.m. at Waynesboro City Park. There will also be a Derby Dash 1-mile run for children 6-12 years old and a 50-yard Pup Trot for children 5 and under. Register at active.com. For more information, visit birddogbreakaway.com or nbeginnings.org, or call (706) 437-0505.
• The Georgia Rockers fast-pitch organization will hold tryouts for the 12-under travel team for the 2013 season. Players must be 12 or younger on Jan. 1, 2013. Tryouts will be at 2:30 p.m. on Sept. 16 at Patriots Park. For information, contact Ike Branch at (706) 373-9581.
• The CSRA Force girls fast-pitch teams are looking for players ages 10-under and 12-under to make up next year’s teams. For information, contact Wayne Wilson for the 10-under team at (706) 564-5357, and Kathy Guin for the 12-under team at (706) 401-1820.
• Georgia Frenzy fastpitch softball is looking for girls to round out the 16-under roster. For information, call Earl McKinley at (706) 825-1753.