Note: Announcements for participatory events must be written, delivered, mailed or faxed to The Augusta Chronicle, 725 Broad Street, Augusta, GA 30901, with a return address and phone number. No phone calls are accepted. Fax number is (706) 823-3408. The announcements will be published weekly.
• The Dip Metress Basketball Academy will be held June 11-15 from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and 9 a.m.-noon on Friday. The cost is $160 and is open to all boys and girls from grades 1-11. For more information, call Metress at (706) 667-4765, or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Mike Brandt Basketball Camps will be held June 25-28 at the USC Aiken Convocation Center. The boys and girls day camp runs from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. all four days, and is $165 per camper. Team tournaments will also be held June 9 and 29, and team camps will be held June 15-16. Tournaments are limited to the first 16 teams registered and deposit received. The tournaments are $100 per team, and team camps are $160 per team. For more information, contact Brandt at (803) 641-3491 or email@example.com. Additional information can be found at pacersports.com.
• The Dish Fish Open Bass Tournament will be held May 19-20 at Dorn Boating Facility on Lake Thurmond. Entry fee is $100 per person or $200 per boat. The tournament pays out the top 30 finishes. For information, call (866) 208-5901 or visit dishfishbytailgater.com.
• The Gamecock Club’s Fan Fest will be held May 10 from 5:30-8 p.m. at the Lady Antebellum Amphitheatre. The event will feature coach Steve Spurrier, other head coaches, local football student athletes, Cocky and cheerleaders, and photo opportunities with football and baseball trophies will be available. Admission is $5 and can be paid at the Fan Fest entrance or by contacting the Gamecock Club at (803) 777-4276 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The 12th annual Aiken County Clemson Club Scholarship Golf Tournament will be held at Houndslake Country Club on Saturday. The entry fee is $70 per player, and the format is four-player captain’s choice. For more information, contact Bryan Young at 648-2672 or email@example.com.
• The Pine Tree 100 will be held at Swainsboro Raceway on Saturday at 8 p.m. Grandstand tickets are $25 for adults and $15 for ages 6-11. Pit tickets are $35 for adults and $20 for ages 6-11. The Pine Tree Mudfest will also be held on Saturday beginning at 5 p.m. For more information, call (478) 252-1300 or (478) 494-5005, or visit swainsbororaceway.com.
• The Georgia Tech spring caravan will be held May 7 at the fellowship hall at First Baptist Church from 6-8 p.m. Admission is free, but fans are asked to register at ramblinwreck.com. Light snacks and a cash bar will be available.
• Kyle Maynard will be the guest speaker for the 21st annual Greater Augusta Medals for Excellence in Sports Awards banquet on May 31 at the Augusta Marriott Convention Center. Check-in and a social hour will open at 6 p.m., with dinner and program beginning at 7. Tickets are $40 for Sports Council members and $45 for non-members. For reservations or more information, call (706) 722-8326, ext. 231.
• The Augusta Rowing Club will be celebrating the 11th anniversary of National Learn to Row Day on June 2 from 9 a.m.-2 p.m. at the Boat House on Riverfront Drive. Members of the Augusta Rowing Club will offer tours of the facilities, demonstrations and lessons. The cost for participants will be a donation of a non-perishable food item for the Golden Harvest Food Bank, and lunch will be provided. For more information, visit augustarowingclub.org.
• Registration is open for the Patriots Wrestling Camp from 9 a.m.-noon June 4-8 at the Westside High gymnasium.
The camp is open to boys and girls in first through eighth grades. The cost is $45 and includes a shirt. A family discount is available. For registration or more information, call Kevin Waters at (706) 399-3154 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.